video database question (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I have started using the videos section rather than moving pictures but I have a question regarding adding and removing files...

Adding anything new is fine and works just fine. I'm assuming you have to do a manual scan to update the database though?

When I remove a file from my server and do a scan the it doesn't seem remove that redundant entry in the database for some reason. Is that normal?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, currently you have to delete the db entry manually, I'm hoping in the future that Deda can produce a smart scan that can remove missing files, as well as adding them.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just do a file(share view)/title(db view) delete from MP and all will be good.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Auto Db clean on File delete is doable relatively easy, but auto scan is another story. Maybe in 1.4.0 (hint: I didn't say that I never tried to do that :))

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Couldn't the code by used from moving pictures as that seems to have always been capable of doing it. Come to think of it, so does the mytvseries.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    People always forget that MyVids is not only plugin for itself. Even you can disable it in configuration, many parts of it is still used in MP so you can not just add things inside and put a :) because 5 mins later you will get :mad: from other parts of MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom