Video doesn't display (1 Viewer)

aakins

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Video doesn't display properly when in any other mode besides Original. I am trying to play movies from the hard drive. I can play them properly in other programs like vlc or wmp. Any ideas?

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP Home SP2
CPU Type: P4 2.8GHz
HDD: 160GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATi Radeon 9200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.11
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: Optical
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Silicondust HDHomeRun
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

sxwallac

March 12, 2007
Home Country
I have exactly the same problem. I can only watch in original, and it fills only 1/3rd of my screen. Winamp works perfectly in full screen.

I have the same video card as you, using a similar version of the driver. I just looked at ATI's driver download page, and there's no driver download for XP MCE for the 9200 series video cards. I wonder if that's significant (ie: hidden message)??

??

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: XP MCE
CPU Type: Athlon XP 2000+
HDD: 40GB
Memory: 752MB
Motherboard:Gigabyte Micro ATX
Video Card: ATi Radeon 9200 (I have the same card as you! Hmmm).
Video Card Driver: ATI 6.14.10.6462
Sound Card: C-Media USB -> Optical -> Rotel
Sound Card AC3: Optical
1. TV Card: NONE

aakins

Portal Member
January 23, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
got it working

i did get mine to working by uninstalling (again) then deleting all files in \Program Files\Team MediaPortal . Then reinstalling. After that the only thing I changed was the Video Codec in My Videos to a Nero DVD codec. Now everything seems to be working much better. I believe that the newer ATi drivers and the default video codec, do not play together nicely.

I had MP installed for over a month, but just received a HDHomeRun so I can watch OTA HD. I moved my computer to my den, and decided to update the drivers for my video card, so hopefully I wouldn't have trouble hooking up my Sony rear proj TV. I finally got it to work with the TV and monitor in clone mode. After installing the new drivers i was able to get rid of PowerStrip (although the TV has a little more overscan than i would like, i'm just tired of trying of fooling with it right now), but it broke the videos in fullscreen.

Hopefully you can select another video codec and everything will start to work. If not, you may have to uninstall, delete, reinstall, like I did.

Note: I did have to install the latest SVN in order for my ATSC to be functional, but the video still works. :) Hope this helps, if not I will be glad to give suggestions. I know how irritating it can be to have a problem, and not get a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom