Video download (1 Viewer)

tuxmas

July 5, 2011
Hi guys and gals,

first of all: :D for OnlineVideos!!

Nevertheless I got some trouble downloading videos from any of the available sites. Any of those are available as direct stream, so no problem here, but the download won't work. After waiting for ages even a small stream of 1 minute isn't finished or has even started to download.
I am using MP 1.1.3 and OV 0.30 from the latest updates and SAF as codec pack. The firewall is checked and not blocking MP.

Does anyone of you have the same problem?
Is there any hint, what needs to be installed? Except from SAF? Any special splitters? Are they needed at all for downloading?

Thx in advance

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Debug Logs would be nice from a run where the download failed and info what exact site / video you tried so I can reproduce it. In general, if playing the video with onlinevideos works, download should also.

tuxmas

July 5, 2011
    So, I tried some debugging. For me the failure only occurs when trying to download from ZDF, which happens to be the only .wmv streams apparentely. As I said, playing the streams is no problem and I randomly tried different ZDF streams - none worked.
    For the log files: I used MP debug first, but there the OV plugin didn't appear.
    Therefore I looked through the MP logs manually, but there was no note of any OV activity other than the playing of videos. Even the functional dowloads (e.g. ARD) didn't show up there. Is there any other place or way to get to log files showing the trounle?

Any other ideas which could be admiss?
    Which splitter would I need and do I need a splitter at all for downloading but not for watching?

Thx

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ZDF uses mms protocol. The component for downloading streams from the mms protocol is not very good :) I don't even remember where I found that code (but it was the only one I found, and I don't have the time to write it complety from scratch). You are just out of luck here.
    Note: Downloading doesn't have to do anything with a splitter or codecs.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the log files: I used MP debug first, but there the OV plugin didn't appear.

When you start the debug session you first get an option window. Choose the second option (debug a plugin) and all your plugins will still be active. The first option is to debug a core MP error. If your bug does not occur in the basic (no-plugin, default skin) version it is probably a plugin issue. So try the second option which is specifically for debugging plugins.

tuxmas

July 5, 2011
    When you start the debug session you first get an option window. Choose the second option (debug a plugin) and all your plugins will still be active.

I'll try this one this evening. But as offbyone said, I might be out of luck.
    Isn't there an option in VLC player to download wmv-media as well? Thought I stumbled over some note or a small tool called "mediathek" written in java which is said to be able to do the thing... Don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. If I find something out with the plugin logs, I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom