onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Using mepo 1.3 beta but it does it on all versions I have tested so not sure if this is expected behaviour or not

I have remember last used folder unticked in the videos tab of the config util

In mepo I then go into videos, it lists the shares view, I then go into a shared folder: movies

If I then press home to go to the home screen and then select videos again

I expect the shares view to be shown again, however the contents of movies folder is shown.

I'd expect it to do the above if the remember box was ticked

Thanks
    Ian

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Country flag
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/REDIRECTS/MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.MovieShares

Even the setting name sound like you describe it is not really about that but positioning last selected item on back command when particular skin allows it (better to say, have it implemented).

Your behavior is related to (we call it) folder history and (if I'm right) there is no any setting which can prevent that. Sometimes this behavior is really helpful (ie. you can jump between plugins and simple back button will set you back to starting point without need to drill down again where you've been) and sometimes (in your case) it is not so good.

It's just a matter of MP design and not fixable but you can always stop by here and propose better behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    @CSMR , is your question answered?
    @CSMR , is your question answered?
    MP 1 has excellent browsing by folders. Browse on one side of the screen, with info about the currently selected content on the...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    If you need keyword search, then, in pure theory, you can try to using the mvCentral plugin. Of course, that you will need to spend time for organize the database and fill appropriate fields.
    If you need keyword search, then, in pure theory, you can try to using the mvCentral plugin. Of course, that you will need to spend...
    Hi everyone I've been using Mediaportal 1 probably for 10 years now, and I've always used the standard built-in Videos plug-in for...
    Replies
    Views
    So, after et all my shared folder to enable wakeonlan now shared folder on root plugins are always present, but i have always an issue when try to enter inside. the content folder is empty , and i need to return back and try once more ( it's an randomn result) this last step need to be done also for subfolder, about accesing to...
    So, after et all my shared folder to enable wakeonlan now shared folder on root plugins are always present, but i have always an...
    Since upgrading to MP 1.15 (from 1.12), I've had a problem with the folders in My Videos going missing. They are all network shares...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom