Video Formats? (1 Viewer)

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
i see that the iso support is listed under 'fixed' issues. is this true? i just tried to import my movie collection and it only shows avi files etc, no iso-files.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures uses MediaPortal to play back video files, so this means that the list of valid file formats is also supplied by MediaPortal. By default the ISO file extension is not included in this list (I think becuase MediaPortal uses Deamon Tools to mount ISOs, and not everyone has Deamon tools). If you add the .ISO extension to your valid list from the main MediaPortal config screen the ISOs should be added next time you launch MediaPortal.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i'm missing support for .divx files

i have 1 movie with a .divx ending
    myvideo does find it but not moving pictures

Can you confirm that the .divx extension IS or IS NOT in your MediaPortal Configuration-> Movies -> Movie Extensions?

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Moving Pictures uses MediaPortal to play back video files, so this means that the list of valid file formats is also supplied by MediaPortal. By default the ISO file extension is not included in this list (I think becuase MediaPortal uses Deamon Tools to mount ISOs, and not everyone has Deamon tools). If you add the .ISO extension to your valid list from the main MediaPortal config screen the ISOs should be added next time you launch MediaPortal.

thanks a lot for the hint. i works fine now :D

Speedy!

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got MP 1 and Moving-Pictures installed using the PureVision skin. Everything seems to work fine from Moving Pictures until I select one of my movies (all ISOs). I see the Daemon Tools timer on the screen telling me it's mounting, then the moving doesn't start playing.

This works fine using standard "Video" selection withing MP.

Do I have to do something specific to get ISOs to play in Moving-Pictures? I have the latest available version 0.6.3.

Thanks in advance,

-Speedy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom