Video (.iso) freezes when skipping forward or back (1 Viewer)

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel P4 3 GHz/3GHz
    HDD: Hitachi 250GB, WD 2TB
    Memory: 1.25GB DDR
    Motherboard: Dell
    Video Card: nVidia GT 430
    Video Card Driver: 280.26
    Sound Card: SigmaTel HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.4823
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Dell Dimension 5150
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Pioneer PRO-1150HD
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi, I've recently upgraded to 1.2 (from the Beta and the RC) and just experienced MP freezing while trying to skip back in a video. It happens with all the ISOs I've tested so far and with any codec. It doesn't happen on my Win7 machine.

EDIT: I should add that I needed to ctrl-alt-del to reset the machine.

Doug

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Somes issues with MSE (microsoft anti-virus) try to disable it.
    Also some windows update (related to x86 Win7 Build) can crash or freeze MP. (right now is to uninstall these windows update, we try to correct it too in MP).

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    I don't use any AV software on my MediaPortal machines. I had experienced the Daemon Tools crash (due to the Windows updates you mention) when pressing stop on my Win7 box, but this is on my XP box and I'm not seeing any indication that it is related.

Any other suggestions for a workaround until it's fixed?

Thanks,
    Doug

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Doug,

Ok i've read to quickly it seems :(, so it's only happen on XP after a skip back (and a skip forward too ?) effectivily after a seek :

2011-09-19 10:04:15.578125 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: DVDPlayer:confused:eek to 0:1:20
    2011-09-19 10:07:01.671875 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.doStop() keepTimeShifting = False keepExclusiveModeOn = False

Will try to reproduce it :)

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok i've read to quickly it seems :(, so it's only happen on XP after a skip back (and a skip forward too ?) effectivily after a seek :

If seek means jumping forward or backward X seconds, then yes.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I am also experiencing extreme frame rate slow downs after fast forwarding or rewinding iso mounted videos. Should I post a bug report for that one too?

Doug

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's a bit more information:

It doesn't occur on all my DVD ISOs. Some play fine. I put a clean MP install on an XP laptop and I experienced the same issue with the "bad" ISOs.

The error log shows: "[ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: Error occurred while scanning media: '\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO'" I took a look at some of the offending IFOs with IFOEdit and couldn't see anything that jumped out as being incorrect. Admittedly, I know nothing about IFOs, but the structure looked similar to that in a working ISO. Would it be helpful if I attached an IFO?

Doug

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, I've attached three IFOs for ISOs that don't work. Let me know if you would like more. I've attached a log file in the initial post and I can attach more, but they are all the same and the error.log is always the same too.

I'll try re-reipping these over the next couple of days and see if the ripping makes a difference. I'm thinking it won't because they play on my Win7 box. I also tried Virtual CloneDrive instead of DTLite, but I got the same result.

Doug

Attachments

• IFOs.zip
      960 bytes

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

Here's an update on how to reproduce this:

I use DVDFab to rip the main movie of a DVD. In the past I would only rip the main movie (one video and one audio) *and* English subtitles. But since I recently started using SubCentral for subtitles, I stopped ripping subtitles. And this seems to be where the problem occurs (in XP). When I rip with the subtitle included, the ISO works as expected. When I rip without a subtitle, everything freezes when seeking forward or backwards 15, 30, etc. seconds. Not surprisingly, this doesn't occur with all DVDs. I removed the subtitles subpicture from an old DVD rip and it still worked. So it only affects some DVDs, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom