Video not stretching to fullscreen after refresh rate change (1 Viewer)

Ganjaman

Portal Pro
August 24, 2008
Hamminkeln
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have used 12noon Display Changer some years and with the older versions of Mediaportal everything worked perfect. After installing 1.4, I have the following Problem:

When the movie is in 24p, dynamic refresh rate calls a script starting 1080p display resolution. This still works, but the movie gets played in the old resolution like in a window mode. IS there any chance to get back to the behavier of the older Mediaportals? If not, I will have to be happy with version 1.2 forrever.

Or is ther an other wa to change the refresh rate with my system?

OS Win7 64bit
ATI HD4850
Pioneer Plasma Display

golbe

Portal Member
October 20, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I am am using internal refresh changer and the same problem. It worked fine on previous versions. I use the rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,dtcfg setmode 1 1920 1080 32 24 command on XP and the1080p video plays in a 720/50 window (previous resolution/refresh)

Help would be welcomed.

Ganjaman

Portal Pro
August 24, 2008
Hamminkeln
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think the only way to get this working with the newer versions of Mediaportal is to have always the same resolution. You can use 1080i50 or 1080i60 for the menu and 1080p24 for movies.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I guess this could be a amd control center problem with the overscan options.

On my system I have to setup the overscan options (=deactivate it) ON EVERY SINGLE FRAMERATE.
    so from Desktop start CCC (AMD Control Center), set framerate to 24, 25, 50, 60 and deactivate overscan each time.

did this help you?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    AFAIK, MP has never officially supported changing screen resolution using dynamic refresh rate control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom