Video Play back problem (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, I have posted re my problem and I don't know if the description is too vague or it's just unusual type of fault. I was wondering if I reinstall windows and rid the system of all other possible causes for the problem if that will solve the problem or should I just go back to 1.2.3 as it worked great.

I have tried everything:

Changing the selected codec
installing the Windows 7 codec pack (this is what I used with 1.2.3
installing the latest divx codec pack

and after that the only files I seem to be able to play are mkv. avi, mp4 etc just come up with an unable to play message with the codec required. Interestingly I can play movie trailers from "OnLine Videos"

The WAF is currently at 0 as she is well and truely peeved as it was working fine prior to me telling her how much better it would be. I have a little experience with PC's and to be honest, haven't had any problems getting any previous version of MP to work, but I just can't seem to catch a break with this one.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction would be a life saver

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Lose all of the codec packs and just install LAVF. As far as I can see it plays pretty much everything and does it smoothly, including hardware acceleration on supported hardware.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    +1 to above - recently has to reinstall Win 7 in my machine (power cut trashed system in strange ways) - install base system drivers, then 1.3 (beta as it was before RC and Final) with LAV and nothing else - 100% success. Just built Win8 on old old laptop with 1.3 Final, again 100% solid with LAV.

Cheers - JCMP

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Yeah, 99% of video playback problems are due to codec packs. Keeping it simple really helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom