Video Playback stopping for certain video files,since win 10 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Neil M

Portal Member
June 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
After my recent upgrade to Windows 10, i appear to have developed an issue whilst watching Certain files, TV series, it will just stop video and return to main TV Series screen.

I haven't had chance to see if issue is the same for movie playback

The last time was 10.59pm, tonight, whilst watching Marvels Daredevil.

Log files attached, can any one help please?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Neil

The only situation I'm aware of in which playback will stop as you've described is when an audio renderer (eg. AV receiver, headphones etc.) is removed/disconnected. I'm not able to see whether that is what's happening in your log files, as unfortunately they're at "info" level (as opposed to the "debug" level I'd need). However, I can see that you have the "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" setting enabled:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings#Overview

...so it seems likely that is what's happening.

Regards,
    mm

Neil M

Portal Member
    June 18, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, i have changed the setting and played the file again, this time it did not stop the playback, but it did pause the play back for a few seconds then start again, almost try to catch with again for a few seconds then play normally for a while.

How would i be able to obtain the "info" level files if they can assist you further.

I have also experienced a issue when the speaker configuration has reset it self to Stereo, from it normal 5.1 setup. I am connected to a AV amp via HDMI for Audio. I have a friend who has this issue with a AMD video card and mine is Nvidia card, he did think a driver issue but seems odd as we have totally different cards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, i have changed the setting and played the file again, this time it did not stop the playback, but it did pause the play back for a few seconds then start again, almost try to catch with again for a few seconds then play normally for a while.
    Right, so it sounds like Windows is detecting HDMI connection changes. Make sure you're using the latest NVidia drivers.

How would i be able to obtain the "info" level files if they can assist you further.
    If changing the setting helped then it probably confirms my assumption, and further log files aren't really required.
    However, to answer your question for the record: there are 2 ways.
    1. Use the watchdog tool with option 1 or 2 to reproduce the problem. The watchdog automatically sets the log level as required.
    2. Manually set the log level to "debug" in MediaPortal configuration: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/00_Configuration/11_General#Log_verbosity

I have also experienced a issue when the speaker configuration has reset it self to Stereo, from it normal 5.1 setup. I am connected to a AV amp via HDMI for Audio. I have a friend who has this issue with a AMD video card and mine is Nvidia card, he did think a driver issue but seems odd as we have totally different cards
    I agree with your friend. Totally sounds like a driver issue with HDMI handling. The fact that you're using different cards is not really relevant, because all GPU vendors have had issues with HDMI handling/compatibility over the years. I'm not surprised there are a few problems after updating to W10.

Joker09

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Home Country
    It might be unrelated, since upgrading to w10 if I pause the video, as soon as the screen saver kicks in (one min) the stream dies and takes me back to the epg screen.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Joker09
    If you want help, please use the watchdog to collect full log files showing the problem, then attach them here.

Joker09

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Home Country
    This fixed the issue "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer"
    I have re-enabled the setting and grabbed the logs. Hope they help.

ps I use a soundblaster -> spdif -> panasonic surround speakers. shouldnt be any need or use of the HDMI audio.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Joker09
    Please accept my apologies - I don't know how I missed your reply. :oops:

Your log files show exactly what is going on. When the screen turns off (screensaver), MP is notified that the screen is off and that the HDMI audio connection has been dropped. The audio connection part is the part that causes what you saw. Although you're not actually using HDMI for audio, the fact that the HDMI connection is capable of carrying audio is enough to trip MP. When you disable the "stop..." option, it causes MP to ignore that notification about the audio connection.

I think you'll find that installing the patch from here will solve the problem without needing to untick the "stop..." option:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-mediaportal-1-12.131227/page-4#post-1142818

Sorry once again for my extremely slow reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom