[fixed] Video playlist throws user back in to fullscreen next item. (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.2Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass SVN
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: AMD AM3 Quadcore
HDD: 500GB WD + 1500GB WD Green
Memory: 2 x 1GB DDR3-1066
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA8880GM
Video Card: Onboard ATI 4250HD
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 11.4
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional
Sound Card Driver: Realtek
1. TV Card: WinTV Nova TD 500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: WinTV PVR 150
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 5.1
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 5.1
h.264 Video Codec: SAF 5.1
Satelite/CableTV Provider: SAF 5.1
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Max
Cooling: EasyTune 6
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 420w
Remote: RM200 Custom for Antec Fusion
TV: 42inch 1366 x 768 Acer
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

This is very much a bug, one that has been around forever..

If I have decided to create a music video playlist and then go to view Wikipedia or any other activity on MediaPortal, I don't want to be interrupted by the video being thrown into full screen when the next song comes along..

This is especially troublesome if you are currently using the on-screen keyboard....

What happens is it goes back to the video and when you press escape you have lost focus of the on-screen keyboard but you can still see it, effectively navigating around mediaportal with a big ugly on-screen keyboard in your way with no way of getting rid of it. There is no way around this, restart is required... :eek:

No one can tell me this is by design, if you are out of full-screen, the next video in a playlist should not throw you back in to fullscreen.

I don't see why logs would be required but will provide if asked for.

Thanks

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't see why logs would be required but will provide if asked for.

Thanks

Because they actually tell us what is happening, and maybe this only happens on your system so we cannot reproduce it.

Without logs, I am not going to waste my time trying. You have already wasted a few minutes of my time by needing me to point this out to you.

Mark

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will provide logs, I have produced this issue on many fresh builds on many different systems, I also reported this bug back in 2008. I know how useful logs are, just in this circumstance as it is easy to reproduce I didn't think necessary but will sort out soon.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Bug report for this issue.

1. Go to 'My Videos, add two video items to a playlist'.

2. Start playing the playlist. Go to 'home' so that the first video is playing in the small overlay.

3. Wait for the first video to finish.

When the second video starts playing, MP switches to fullscreen.

Logs attached.

Mark

PS. I was confused by you mentioning wikipedia and onscreen keyboards. It is alway best to keep a bug report as simple as possible, and remember the guidelines - steps to reproduce and logs every time.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Didn't we have a similar bug report/mantis entry about dialog menus hanging on screen if active when video/recording finishes? At least I remember writing a post about it. This bug is related to that, and should be fixed in the same round. Mark, will you put this bug in mantis now you have reproduced it. When we figure out it's releationship to the other bug, we can link the mantis entries.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Didn't we have a similar bug report/mantis entry about dialog menus hanging on screen if active when video/recording finishes? At least I remember writing a post about it. This bug is related to that, and should be fixed in the same round. Mark, will you put this bug in mantis now you have reproduced it. When we figure out it's releationship to the other bug, we can link the mantis entries.

This feels like a completely different issue.

In this case, when we start playing the second video, MP has no way of knowing that the first one was minimised to the overlay, so it automatically goes fullscreen.

I will put this in mantis in a little while.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Right you are. The overlay remaining on screen after video playback ended, is another bug and should be mantis'ed separately.

Overlay remaining on screen? What we have currently is

0003510: MP hangs if context menu is open in fullscreen TV when playback of a recording ends - MediaPortal Bugtracker

which is the context menu preventing recorded TV playback stopping cleanly. Or is there something else? Either way, I will mantis the current problems.

Sorry for wandering off-topic.

Mark

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Right you are. The overlay remaining on screen after video playback ended, is another bug and should be mantis'ed separately.

Overlay remaining on screen? What we have currently is

0003510: MP hangs if context menu is open in fullscreen TV when playback of a recording ends - MediaPortal Bugtracker

which is the context menu preventing recorded TV playback stopping cleanly. Or is there something else? Either way, I will mantis the current problems.

Sorry for wandering off-topic.

Mark

That one exactly. I added the issue as a note in the mantis entry. I think it should have it's own mantis entry, so it gets proper attention. I will add such later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom