[fixed] Video Plugin still has problems with folder.jpg (1 Viewer)

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes, that's it exactly!!! Can you make this available to download with that change incorporated?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Patch will globally affect all internal plugins (Music and Pictures) because it's in Core.dll -> Virtual Directory so this can't be published before whole developer team see what it does and why those thumbs was prevented before.

2nd options is to narrow this only to My Videos but it's a bigger job and I need to test it first and put on validation within the team (team policy doesn't allow any self intervention in MP code despite how it is simple and safe)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I-loop, it's something like this: Z is network shared folder with movies and contain folder.jpg

attachment.php

Currently we see this when open shares in MY Videos:

attachment.php

What Harry want is this -> I changed the code which prevents folder.jpg in network shares (nvm the picture, it's the first one I found to set as folder.jpg :) ):

attachment.php

Thumbs and icons in subfolders in HMOBSHARE are ok without any change in code.
    Ah, he is talking about the root where you see all added shares!

Thought he means folder.jpg in general. A screenshot would surely have helped. ;)

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Sorry Chris, i apologize for not making myself clear. :sorry:

Deda, thanks again for looking into this, i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that this can be incorporated into a future release.

Thanks again to all you guys for all the work you put in to MediaPortal.

I'm currently running MediaPortal 1.2.0 with Harley's new version of the Fidelity skin, a truly awesome piece of software :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Harry Morgen
    No problem.

This change can surely be done in 1.3.0. Maybe even 1.2.0 RC1, but the other dev teams need to review the code first. :)
    Deda could you add this to mantis please?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Please try this issue with this patched file for 120B (backup original). I didn't found any complication till today but it will be good to test this more widely.

Attachments

• ShowThumbs_networkshares.patch
      1 KB

Harry Morgen

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Deda. Sad to see that haven't incorporated your patch in 1.2.0 RC. I just updated and my icons disappeared again so i've gone back to 1.2.0 Beta and your patched dll. Any chance you can do patched dll for 1.2.0 RC?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    No problem about file.
    Concerning patch, it was too risky to put it in 1.2.0 because it need wider testing (even I didn't found any problem or delay and I think it's just leftover from previous version which had problems with network reading) so it will have to wait 1.3.0 I'm afraid.

Attachments

• Core.rar
      928.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom