Video: Problem with database scan... (1 Viewer)

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
June 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
New installation of 1.3.0 final on windows 8 pro, 64-bit.
Works very well, but one problem persists:

With all recent movies (XVID mostly) i have NFO files with information re: plot, actors etc. When entering MP configuration, i can scan all folders for NFO, and the information in these are entered automatically into MP database - except 1 (that i've noticed so far)... I've checked the NFO and theres no error in it... Also - I've tried setting MP to disregard database, and just show the information in the NFO when browsing videos - this works for all files except this one.... The file itself plays in MP without a problem....

I'm mystified... Ideas???

*EDIT*

No longer mystified - looked through the logs, and discovered errors regarding the relevant NFOs; apparentliy the XML structure was damaged... After fixing NFO, everything works!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
Yo use Basic Home page or Classic Home page? Home Screen You can switch MyVideo to Database view - Database Views If you do not use Media Portal to watch TV, then you do not need it. If you are using it, check if the TV plug-in is enabled in the settings and whether it is displayed on the home screen. - Plugin Config Did you see...
Yo use Basic Home page or Classic Home page? Home Screen You can switch MyVideo to Database view - Database Views If you do not...
Hi. I am a first time user of MP1. My home page has the following tabs : Plugins/Settings/Videos/Music/Pictures. I can click on any...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom