Video replay speed (1 Viewer)

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
January 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal with the WMC skin is a fine replacement for MS WMC except that we do miss not being able to play videos speeded up (not fast forward - speeded up so you can still hear the sound) or in slow motion.
Any chance of getting these in a future release?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it depends on the file you want to play. I can fast-forward most files. For some it does not work, because they were encoded differently. With our player it can not be changed.
    Slow motion is generally not possible and probability somebody will add it is quite low, because development resources are very limited and not many people would use this feature. Unfortunately we have to focus or real bugs and key features.

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    Yes, we can fast forward, but it's too fast to be able to hear the audio. In MS WMC you could fast forward (not very fast, but fast enough to be worth while) which we found ideal for example the local TV News.

srochford

October 14, 2020
    Home Country
    I've no idea if it's possible to borrow code from VLC but it has a Playback Speed feature - you can play at (eg) 110% of normal speed or 90% and I think this would be really useful in MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom