Video resume not working in MP (1 Viewer)

Mr.D

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: Version 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Vista Enterprise
CPU Type: Intel Duo Core 2
HDD: 750 SATA
Memory: 4gb DDRAM2
Motherboard: Gigabyte EG45-DS2H
Video Card: Onboad Intel Graphics Accelerator
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek Digital Optical out to an Onkyo Receiver
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2200
[MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7.3
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7.3
HTPC Case: Zalman 160 Plus
Power Supply: Zalman
Remote: Logitech 785
TV: Samsung 46" LCD Full HD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I've just installed MP on my new HTPC after successfully running it on an older XP PC (without TV Card) for the kids over the last 6 months without any issues. So I'm hoping someone can assist me with a couple things with my new HTPC before the wife shoots me for splashing out the big bucks on a HTPC that's not fully working..

Firstly for some reason movies which are all in .VOB format wont resume playback from the last watched point, instead the movie starts from the beginning in MP. When I manually play the movie using PowerDVD and select yes to resume it works fine. the problem only seems to be in MP, I'm not using an external player.

Secondly can someone please point me in the right direction for choosing the correct video and audio codecs to use for my setup, as there seems to be different opinions regarding what is best for viewing HDTV. Is a combo of PowerDVD and ffdshow the best option???

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated.:D

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mr.D,

I use only PowerDVD 8 Codec and had no Problems.

With the start postion when you resume I had it still, but only on some DVD Images. Then I found out that this movies had their VOB-Files in the root directory and not in the VIDEO_TS direcorty. After I moved this files in a VIDEO_TS directory MediaPortal remember the last postion after resume :).

Mr.D

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply, I tested PDVD8 and resume worked ok, I also changed the DVD Navigator back to the default instead of PDVD7.3 which also rectified the problem.

Do the SAF work for Bluray DVD's? :D

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't think MP and SAF is capable of playing Bluray discs, the problem is that there are no free navigator filters for Bluray.

Bluray rips should however be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom