1.14.0 Video Seek errors over a Windoze Lan on Windoze 7 (1 Viewer)

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
March 28, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
OK so now I wait 20 seconds for the initial load up of the directories. Select one and wait for the server to wake up or not. If not, selecting the same directory again lets me read the sub directories contained therein. The only problem now is that when trying to select one of those sub directories, in fact any of them does not show the actual videos contained therein.

Help please?

We are close but not close enough. This is seriously one of the biggest areas I use in the Product. If it turns out too hard to remedy, I'll have to go back to V 1.11 or something and remain there.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Help please?
    Sure.

Please specify which folder/sub-folder you're having issues with. There are still a bunch of errors in the log relating to "dads-computer". For example:
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,202] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - GetFolderSetting: Z:\Media Centre Materials\03 photos not found, trying the parent Z:\Media Centre Materials
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,204] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - GetFolderSetting: Z:\Media Centre Materials not found, trying the parent Z:
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,206] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - GetFolderSetting: Z: parent not found. Trying the root.
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,208] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - GetFolderSetting: root parent not found. Will use the default share settings.
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,522] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UNCTools: AsyncDNSReverseLookup: ip 'fe80::28cc:2554:9a4b:2c3%11' resolved for host 'dads-computer' in 40.0023 ms
    [2016-06-30 19:03:56,525] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UNCTools: PingHost: Connection Error: An exception occurred during a Ping request.

So, if the issues you're seeing relate to folders on that computer, the priority should be on figuring out the connectivity issues with it... which may well lie outside MP.

Please confirm.

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Without you reading this wrong. There were no connectivity issues with MP reading these directories, until upgrading towards V1.14 / V1.15 (maybe V1.13 aswell, but didn't try that in anger) At Version 1.12 levels everything worked fine with reading the directories. No Delay, no lag, no "waking up Servers", zip nader, no issue.

Nothing in the underlying O/S has changed either, apart from now running fixed IP address and making the other changes recommended to me by yourself.

Windows and MP V1.12 were working fine for the video folders. It was only a sync error at the music level that made me upgrade.

Happy to take your advice, now I have lifted to V1.15.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Gary, the main thrust of my latest reply was simply to ask you: which folder/sub-folder are you having issues with?
    If you can't answer that, I'm sorry to say that I can't help you.

Nothing in the underlying O/S has changed either, apart from now running fixed IP address and making the other changes recommended to me by yourself.
    Note that I haven't recommended any changes in this thread. That was HTPCSourcer. You're talking to two different people.

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    All of the ones that are on the computer called Dad. This is the only other box that is storing videos remote to the main MP Machine.

Standard OS - Windows 7
    Workgroup: Standard working fine all passwords in he workgroup
    IP Addresses: Now fixed with Netbios thing turned on.

So there are only two boxes. The one running MP and the one serving that machine with shared drives, over Windows.

I even go into Windows Explorer to ensure the drive mapping is working, before trying MP to access the mapped drives / directories. To rule out anything stupid windows might be doing with losing the directory.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I even go into Windows Explorer to ensure the drive mapping is working, before trying MP to access the mapped drives / directories. To rule out anything stupid windows might be doing with losing the directory.
    Gary, that may well be, however, your WIndows system is still operating with IPv6 addresses. While these are correctly handled by Windows, MP does not:
    [2016-06-30 19:04:11,347] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UNCFileFolderExists: Folder'W:\MC\M Science and Technology' exists!
    [2016-06-30 19:04:11,403] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UNCTools: AsyncDNSReverseLookup: ip 'fe80::28cc:2554:9a4b:2c3%11' resolved for host 'dads-computer' in 29.0017 ms
    That means that you have not set the TCP/IP over NetBIOS correctly. If you don't need IPv6, I suggest that you just deactivate it in both network adapters to only have IPv4 addresses visible by MediaPortal.

Gary_Francis

Portal Member
    March 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok In the network adapter properties I have

IPv4 Checksum Offload - Current setting - RX & Tx Enabled
    Large send Offload v2 (IPv4) - Enabled
    Large send Offload v2 (IPv6) - Enabled
    TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) - Rx & Tx Enabled
    TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6) - Disabled
    UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4) - Rx & Tx Enabled
    UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6) - Disabled

Are these all the settings I need to consider? and if so what should they be set too?

In the Local Area Connection Propertires.
    Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/ IPv6) - Tic'ed. (Which is now un Tic'ed, and pending a reboot once I "post" This reply)
    Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) - Tic'ed.

Advanced TCP/IP settings - Wins Tab
    Enable Netbios over TCP/IP Selected.

Anywhere else? Anything else?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom