Video skipping over wlan (1 Viewer)

HiDefHusker

July 16, 2007
WMP9 does buffer indeed but for videos MP's internal player is used which does not and must not do any buffering.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this thread describes the problems I'm having.

I'm currently evaluating MP for possible use. I am really impressed with MP's features, look-n-feel, etc. It looks better than the UI of the Zensonic/Ziova Z500 (network DVD player) that it might replace.

The only show-stopper that I've encountered so far is the apparent lack of buffering. This makes MP unusable for accessing material on my NAS drive (4 fast drives in RAID-5) on my 1Gbps wired LAN. I get the dreaded stuttering on .mp4, .avi, .iso and DVDs in a folder. The higher the bit-rate the more frequent the stuttering, but it is every few seconds for a DVD.

I have no problems watching the same DVDs in PowerDVD6. My Z500 can also access the same material without stuttering. I have no problem accessing the same material in MP on the local hard drive.

I'm currently using the nVidia PureVideo drivers for the hardware acceleration. My LAN utilization is < 1% and CPU utilization is < 30%.

Any advice for this newbie would be appreciated. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom