video tearing in 3D file (mkv O/U), but only in my MediaPortal 1.6 (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
When I play a 3D mkv using the over-under format in my downstairs MediaPortal PC. When the video plays, you can see a vertical line down the middle, due to the video being split up slightly. In other words, if you turn off the 3D you will see the video gets split into 4 corners. It's only a few pixels displaced up and down.

This issue is strange because this problem only exists in MediaPortal playback. If I play the same file in Media Player Classic, there is no problem. Moreover, my MediaPortal does not have the same problem when it plays SBS (side by side) 3D mkv files.

Moreover, there is no problem when I play this O/U mkv in my other PC upstairs, running MediaPortal 1.5. That one plays the same O/U mkv without tearing, inside MediaPortal.

In other words, only the downstairs PC has this problem, only when running MediaPortal 1.6, and only with this O/U mkv. I don't have other mkv files using O/U, so I can't test more mkv files.

Ideas? I'll include a log if someone thinks it will help.

(I could see if I can reproduce this issue by updating the upstairs PC from 1.5 to 1.6)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom