[fixed] Video thumbnails are not being generated in RC5 (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I also have this issue, but as far as I can tell it only seems to be the case with my H.264 files, podcasts and the likes of... Older thumbs seem to be showing, well at least the ones that are located in the directory with the file, I use to use Thumbnailer so it's possible that these thumbs were never created by MP in the first place.. Sure you guys will figure it out..

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    I compiled trunk using Path.IsPathRooted instead of Uri.IsWellFormedUriString and everything seems to be working fine.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    offbyone - ok, I added new files to my Video Shares folder. The path is: D:\My Documents\My Videos\TV Series

example file name: D:\My Documents\My Videos\TV Series\Burn Notice\Season 4\Burn Notice.S04E04.Breach Of Faith.avi

When I look in thumbs\videos folder no thumb has been generated for that file. In fact, not a single thumb has been generated since I installed RC5 although I have added several files since.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @offbyone - ok, I added new files to my Video Shares folder. The path is: D:\My Documents\My Videos\TV Series

example file name: D:\My Documents\My Videos\TV Series\Burn Notice\Season 4\Burn Notice.S04E04.Breach Of Faith.avi

When I look in thumbs\videos folder no thumb has been generated for that file. In fact, not a single thumb has been generated since I installed RC5 although I have added several files since.

Logs please

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I compiled trunk using Path.IsPathRooted instead of Uri.IsWellFormedUriString and everything seems to be working fine.

With RC5 core.dll already created thumbs are shown for you or not ?

Simone

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    No, because as you can see in the code even the fetching of already created thumbs is inside the if(islocal) clause:
    Code:
    if (isLocal && IsVideo(item.Path) && !VirtualDirectory.IsImageFile(Path.GetExtension(item.Path).ToLower()))
              {
                strThumb = String.Format(@"{0}\{1}.jpg", Thumbs.Videos, EncryptLine(item.Path));
                if (File.Exists(strThumb))
    and since islocal is always false that code is never reached.

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    No, because foundVideoThumb only refers to thumbs that are the same as file name (with a .jpg, .png, etc extension) in the same directory as the video file, which is
    done only manually by users or other plugins, or if the user has chosen "leave thumb in recording folder" in MP config.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    No, because foundVideoThumb only refers to thumbs that are the same as file name (with a .jpg, .png, etc extension) in the same directory as the video file

You may have missed the call to "GetThumb(item.Path)" in the foreach where foundVideoThumb is set true ;)

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom