[OTHER] Videocard upgrade for HDTV (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

oh it's another thread about HD3200 / HD4200 onboard which are great for SD but really bad for HDTV and at the moment i don't see any new chips from AMD which will solve this. An addon card is at least for me a no go. I just wanted to know if here is perhaps somebody who switch to an core i3 instead of an external card and can tell me if Sky 1080i is working fine and how the intel deinterlacing is.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I went for an Ati 5450 silent but this one does it even worse than my Nvidia 9400GT. I also got kind of blurry vision in Windows7. All fonts seem to be blurred. Tried several solutions on the web (which I already knew because I have owned an ATI card before), but no luck. HDTV has a lot of dropped frames now at 1920x1080. My 9400 GT had only 1 dropped frame every 10 seconds.

Getting myself a Nvidia GT220, and will report later!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I went for an Ati 5450 silent but this one does it even worse than my Nvidia 9400GT. I also got kind of blurry vision in Windows7. All fonts seem to be blurred. Tried several solutions on the web (which I already knew because I have owned an ATI card before), but no luck. HDTV has a lot of dropped frames now at 1920x1080. My 9400 GT had only 1 dropped frame every 10 seconds.

Getting myself a Nvidia GT220, and will report later!

Blurred fonts - that is Win7 "feature", not GPU bug :D
    You can disable it here:
    image_3.png

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV decreased the size of the 'image' while ATI and the NVIDIA card upscaled it all to make if fit again. After a complete new install I figured out that this was causing the blurry font. Still though... the ATI card isn't up to the HDVT 50hz PAL... dropping frames like hell. So, the 9400GT of NIVIDA is in again.

The clean install somehow made my 9400GT work like a charm. HDTV is having no dropped frames al all anymore. When tracking back my agenda I found out that the problems began after an upgrade of MP. Before that I cannot remember having dropped frames at all with this video card. I do not know why, but somehow I always end up reinstalling my PC from the ground up after doing an upgrade of MP. So, the 9400 is up to the task of deinterlacing and showing the HDTV broadcast, but only after a clean install of Win7 and MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom