[OTHER] Videocard upgrade for HDTV (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now you should try Badaboom, boy is that fast at encoding video, Handbrake\Xvid4PSP takes 2 hrs, same video in Badaboon 30 minutes, and the CPU's don't break a sweat :)

Nice

Sacul

Portal Member
    January 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey, that card looks realy nice! It's not the one I have now.

I have this one:
    943186777d1253722751-plaats-hier-hardware-gerelateerd-nieuws-gigabyte_geforce_gt_220.jpg

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The GT 220 :)

He Sacul,

I've got the same MB as you (integrated HD3200).
    How did you're HDTV run on that MB? Was it slow and was the sound oke? I've been strugeling as well. Installed Hoborg SAF, MP wasn't crashing anymore, but still searching for the last mile ;-).

An other question, I've got a dual monitor cfg. Touchscreen in the Zalman and of course my TV.
    In this setup it took me a while to get the right resolution on my TV so everything was running perfectly. I'll sometimes only run (radio or music) on my Touchscreen :) and would like to continue this. But then with HDTV working as well.
    Do you think this will work again with installing a new graphics card?

Can you give me some feedback?

John

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

For HDTV only one does not need expensive card. I have Nv 8400GS with newer G98 chip. It costs about 30€ and it has worked
    with every HD channel that i've tried. Canal Digital Nordig has 11 HD channels. Only problem is Win7 Half/full screen when turn off/on tv
    But i live with it.

I have all codes set to Microsoft in WIn 7.

Regards,

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

I just bought a Sapphire Radeon 5450 and it's really perfect for HTPC usage. 1080i with Vector-adaptive deinterlacing runs fine and without stutter.

Sacul

Portal Member
    January 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The GT 220 :)

He Sacul,

I've got the same MB as you (integrated HD3200).
    How did you're HDTV run on that MB? Was it slow and was the sound oke? I've been strugeling as well. Installed Hoborg SAF, MP wasn't crashing anymore, but still searching for the last mile ;-).

An other question, I've got a dual monitor cfg. Touchscreen in the Zalman and of course my TV.
    In this setup it took me a while to get the right resolution on my TV so everything was running perfectly. I'll sometimes only run (radio or music) on my Touchscreen :) and would like to continue this. But then with HDTV working as well.
    Do you think this will work again with installing a new graphics card?

Can you give me some feedback?

John

Hi Johnie.

With the onboard video I couldn't get it run. Digital TV was working fine, but when I switched to a HD channel, the videochip wasn't powerful enough. I had video and audio, but stuttering and Out of Sync. After installing the GT220, I have no problems.
    Nederland 1,2,3, Eurosport HD, Sport1 HD working all fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom