[OTHER] Videocard upgrade for HDTV (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Johnie - if you downgrade to MP 1.0 Final then you can use HDTV with that board. otherwise you coultry coreavc and disable DXVA. This is because your CPU is fast enough for HDTV but your GPU is too slow. So you need to try a CPU based codec.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi kiwijunglist,

Thanks for the tips, to be honest I was more facing upgrades than downgrades ;-). I'll go for GT220 passive if I can lay my hands on it. Speciale because it seems running ok in the MB.

Johnnie

The GT 220 :)

He Sacul,

I've got the same MB as you (integrated HD3200).
    How did you're HDTV run on that MB? Was it slow and was the sound oke? I've been strugeling as well. Installed Hoborg SAF, MP wasn't crashing anymore, but still searching for the last mile ;-).

An other question, I've got a dual monitor cfg. Touchscreen in the Zalman and of course my TV.
    In this setup it took me a while to get the right resolution on my TV so everything was running perfectly. I'll sometimes only run (radio or music) on my Touchscreen :) and would like to continue this. But then with HDTV working as well.
    Do you think this will work again with installing a new graphics card?

Can you give me some feedback?

John

Hi Johnie.

With the onboard video I couldn't get it run. Digital TV was working fine, but when I switched to a HD channel, the videochip wasn't powerful enough. I had video and audio, but stuttering and Out of Sync. After installing the GT220, I have no problems.
    Nederland 1,2,3, Eurosport HD, Sport1 HD working all fine :)

Hi again,

Thanks thats indeed what I'm facing as well. :mad: :D

Johnnie

Hee Guys,

Whats you're opnion of this card: ATI HD 5450 its passive (goot for HTPC ;-)).

John

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

Hee Guys,

John

Look on page 2, I have already stated my opionion. The Radeon 5450 works very well with Mediaportal and 1080i HDTV. There is no loss in quality and you'll get the best deinterlacing quality like with the bigger HD 5000-versions. And Windows also tells me that I am now able to stream Dolby True-HD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS HD, DTS Audio. The HDMI output properties shows what the device it connects to is capable of. The installed Asio4All driver on my system showed me that the HDMI output also support 32 Bit, however my receiver does not support 32 Bit audio streams, so it is not listed in the device properties.

Attachments

• Radeon5450hdmi.png
      Radeon5450hdmi.png
      22.8 KB

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

Hee Guys,

John

Look on page 2, I have already stated my opionion. The Radeon 5450 works very well with Mediaportal and 1080i HDTV. There is no loss in quality and you'll get the best deinterlacing quality like with the bigger HD 5000-versions. And Windows also tells me that I am now able to stream Dolby True-HD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS HD, DTS Audio. The HDMI output properties shows what the device it connects to is capable of. The installed Asio4All driver on my system showed me that the HDMI output also support 32 Bit, however my receiver does not support 32 Bit audio streams, so it is not listed in the device properties.

Hi Micronicus,

Thanks for pointing me out and describing you're experience.

Is there a benifit to install a ATI in the Gigabyte board instead of Nvidia?

Johnnie

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

Is a ATI 4350 fast enough for 1080p output?
    My ATI X700 runs fine with 720p HDTV channels, but with 1080 p Movies i have stuttering...

So i nee a card for 1080p !

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

yes it would, but if going for a low end 4 series card i recommend hd4670, because it does 1080i really well.

I already answered your question, but I'll answer it again in a different way, my onboard HD3200 was fine for 1080P, so a properly setup system with HD4350 should be fine with 1080P (I think that is what hoborg uses). I still recommend you get HD4670 *if* it is not much more expensive.

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Videocard upgrade for HDTV

yes it would, but if going for a low end 4 series card i recommend hd4670, because it does 1080i really well.

I already answered your question, but I'll answer it again in a different way, my onboard HD3200 was fine for 1080P, so a properly setup system with HD4350 should be fine with 1080P (I think that is what hoborg uses). I still recommend you get HD4670 *if* it is not much more expensive.

Thanks, but you answered it before only for 1080i and not 1080p ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom