ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    'EditBin.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command
    This is part of the studio, when you compile it should find it by idea, maybe not installed any extension for the studio ...

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Phew! Now got everything working.

I have been trying to get the MediaPortal app and config app to run in debug mode (real time) and that doesn't seem to work. Is that right or am I missing something?

Anyway, good to go now. Now to see whether I can stop MediaPortal from locking the client file for the whole session, because that is what makes synchronizing clients soooo tricky. I know that the initial connection is expensive but, once the first connection has been made, all subsequent connections should be fast even when the app is disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. Once I know that the current lock is temporary, I can make the synchronizing app wait until the lock is freed before distributing the client changes to all other clients.

Thanks for the help.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm finding the odd what-I-think-is-a-bug. Do you want me to let you know about them?

For example, in GUIVideoFiles.cs, method DoOnPlayBackStoppedOrChanged(), a movie has been watch and we know this for sure,

But the code does this:
    C#:
                if (!watched)
                {
                  VideoDatabase.SetMovieWatchedStatus(idMovie, false, playTimePercentage);
                }
                else // Update new percentage if already watched
                {
                  VideoDatabase.SetMovieWatchedStatus(idMovie, true, playTimePercentage);
                }
    Now, watched has just been read from the database. Therefore, when this is the first time you have watched this movie the watched status will be False and won't get changed - and it never does. I've changed the code to this:

// This method is only called when movie is watched, so set watched to true
    // irrespective of whether the movie had been watched before.

I should point out that the earlier code does this

//Set file "watched" only if user % value or higher played time (share view)

but this isn't correct when this is the first time you have watched the movie because the _watchedPercentage isn't being set correctly (it seems to be hard coded at 95).

Hope this helps.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Plz use code tag and Github link to master branch ...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but this isn't correct when this is the first time you have watched the movie because the _watchedPercentage isn't being set correctly (it seems to be hard coded at 95).
    Where hardcoded?
    But the code does this:
    Yes this code work when you watch movie and playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage, And if playTimePercentage < _watchedPercentage we only update playTimePercentage in movie, and dont touch watched flag ...
    IMHO its work, and work fine ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom