VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
err..sorry for the late response :0 you could try the IPTV@UT plugin. However, there is no way to manage recordings with that plugin. This was the reason why I wanted to integrate a 'fake' videocard in mytv, such that you will be able to watch iptv within mytv. It is not easy though :(

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Today I found out that installing the AVC Streaming PlugIn from Elecard enables me to view UDP streams in Media Player, since it contains a DShow source filter for UDP streams. This could be a useful alternative, since it theoretically should enable MP to create a VMR9 graph of it and thus enable menu overlays. Hopefully the lead MP developers would be more willing to integrate it into MyTV/TVE this way :) I have tried to think of a feasible/elegant solution for this myself, but can't really think of anything, mostly because I don't have time to fully get to know and understand the core implementation of MP.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wow!!!
    This could be great for us IP TV users!

Hope you find the time/motivation/people to do something about this.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you please try whether the filter works for you too in WMP? The setup can be found online, but also here. It does not accept the same URL's as VLC though. In WMP, you need to enter an URL that should look like: elecard://<IP>:<port>/udp .

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You mean that I should try streaming IP TV with WMC using the Elcard app/codec?
    If so: Sure, just give me a day or two.

Is this is what I should do?:
    1. Install Elecard AVC Streaming PlugIn for WMP 1.0.70412.exe
    2. Try to stream my UDP-streams with WMP using elecard://<IP>:<port>/udp

(Just so that I am sure I got everything right).

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, not really...i'm trying to convince the mp developers to integrate udp support in myTV (they're redesigning the thing). Moreover, I'll be going on a 3 month internship in a couple of weeks, so I'll not be able to work on this plugin. If somebody is interested in doing some work on this while i'm gone, feel free to do that (everything is in the plugins SVN).

janno

Portal Member
    July 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is it possible to simply pass a VLC-MRL to the Plugin?
    Example MRL to Stream HTTP, see documentation from VLC Homepage:
    % vlc -vvv input_stream --sout #standard{access=http,mux=ogg,dst=server.example.org:8080}'

Janno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom