VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi YoMaMmA,

you need to go back. In the new version the lib and the activeX version has been changed quite a lot.
So right now you need to have use one of the the 0.8.6 version.

I hope maybe somebody will continue working on this plugin.

Regards
kroko

frgo

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hi,

Is it possible to choose which avi files will start playing using this plugin? Normally I use built in MP video player, but there are some avis that just won't play. However these work fine with videolan plugin. I'd use videolan for playing avi files all the time but then I have problems with remote control and osd...

Thanks for your replies

YoMaMmA

Portal Member
December 12, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi YoMaMmA,

you need to go back. In the new version the lib and the activeX version has been changed quite a lot.
So right now you need to have use one of the the 0.8.6 version.

I hope maybe somebody will continue working on this plugin.

Regards
kroko

Ok, i guess ill go back to the old version.

Thx for the reply

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I am unable to play rtsp streams in MP with this plugin. I create a m3u playlist with one stream in it. This m3u plays fine directly in VLC 0.8.6.e. I have 5 mms and http strreams that work fine, but the rtsp just will not start.
There is a check in the rtsp in the plugin configuration.

Any ideas what stops this?

Thanks.
Rick

edwardvd

March 23, 2008
Hi,

When I use the videolan plugin, and play some mp3 files, playing always stops after the first song. Disableing the plugin fixes this problem. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am using the latest plugin, Mediaportal rc3 and vlc 0.8.6i.

Thanx!

Edward

crusoli

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Any chance someone might update this plugin to work with the latest version of vlc?

Would be really cool. I'm kinda pissed off by MPlayer.

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I guess this plugin would need a rewrite, since there is a new C# library to communicate with VLC. If anyone's interested... ;)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @all,

unfortuanlly the vlc group has started a lot of modifications since 0.9. The ActiveX part is almost complete broken and the libvlc needs to be implemented different. I played arroud with the Marx_libvlc_wrapper. I could play all audio files so far. But I was not able to get a picture on the screen. No idea why. In my sample applications everthing is fine, just some clicks and it works. In the MP the video is playing, i can hear the audio but my picturebox is empty.

Anyway this wrapper looks to be quite good as a start for a new plugin. I dont know how much time I will have in the near time. So maybe somebody else can give me some hints.

I added the wrapper and my test project.

Regards
kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom