VideoLAN external player plugin (1 Viewer)

Anythingss

March 10, 2008
Hi Moiristo, this project still active?
Mine installed first go, and is playing correctly. Exactly how I would like it (cept, as mentioned, the fast foward might be a bit big).

But I have two problems.
If i get to the end of a movie and it stops, I go back to movies and start the next one. But it will play the first one first, but if i fast foward to the end of the first it plays the 2nd one i selected.
And
If i play a video that is 2 files (2cd's etc) it will get to the end of the first and sit there with a blank screen, and not play the 2nd at all.

Perhaps the blank screen at the end is causing issues for me?
And I also tried finding MediaPortal.xml, aparently i am a noob, i cant find it at all!

Target32

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have the same effect as Anythingss. I'll finish watching a video and get a black screen at the end of it so I go back to the main menu and hit stop. This brings me back to where I was, either My TVSeries or MyVideo (going back to my video is annoying since it takes nearly a minute for it to laod up due the size of my list).

I then select the next video I would like to watch and the previous video plays so I repeat steps one and two and select the video agian which plays fine on the second time it is selected. Kind of annoying but I still prefer the VLc plugin to the default one due to the additional format support.

Flappers

February 11, 2008
Is it possible to add the extention .m4v into the configuration dialog. Some podcasts use this file extention.
l

Sure..for now, you can edit MediaPortal.xml, find the section 'vlcplugin' and add the m4v extension manually.

About the DVD thing..why would you want to use VLC for that? Anyway, I'll have to check how MP handles DVD's to see whether this is possible.

I have the same issue wit m4v extension. Editing the xml works only as long as the config is not rewritten. What about a Stringsbox with the list of extensions like in the "movie" section of MP?

Also i have a problem with mypodcasts and myVLC PlugIn. (mplayer support disabled/removed)

When i call
h**p://www.tagesschau.de/export/video-podcast/tagesschau

I can watch the podcast for exact that period of time that i have defined as "buffertime" in ms. If i define 5000 i can watch the cast for 5 Seconds. with 30.000 i get 30 Seconds. After that the picture and sound freezes.

Playing Youtube or Apple Streams via myOnlineVideos works without any trouble.

Any hints on that?

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It's probably a bug, but I didn't had the time lately to update the plugin. Maybe next week I'll have some time. Of course, if any of you have some C# experience, feel free to make changes to this plugin.

cressive

June 5, 2008
Hi Moiristo,

This is a first reply for me so please bear with me. I have followed your instructions for installing and settting up the VLC plugin and all went well on that note. Now I startup MP and hear audio but I can't see anythng. So I go into the MP configuration and uncheck the MP always on top and I get video but now I can't control MP with the remote and have to use taskman to exit out of the VLC then at that time the MP would then return to normal. I guess my question is what is the optimal settings that should be used to configure both MP and the VLC plugin for proper viewing?

Thank you Moiristo in advance...

Cressive

BigBear

Portal Pro
February 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Guys,

this is an awesome plug-in but unfortunatelly i got a little problem:

I use an harmony remote controll and made myself some buttons for vlc (pause, change subtitle, change audio, fullscreen, fast forward, rewind).

These buttons work fine when i start vlc as standard application, when it is started via mediaportal the keys dont work as intended. for example the change subtitle button switches the zoom-mode (16:9, 4:3 and so on). I then checked if i see the vlc.exe in the taskmanager, but it istnt there, so there are two questions:

1. Is it okay, that the vlc.exe istnt started? Does it get started "within" mediaportal.exe?

2. If VLC ist started within mediaportal, are the standard vlc keyboard shortcuts changed?

Thanks for any help!

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
1. Is it okay, that the vlc.exe istnt started? Does it get started "within" mediaportal.exe?

Yes, it uses VLC dlls, not the application VLC itself

2. If VLC ist started within mediaportal, are the standard vlc keyboard shortcuts changed?

Yes, keyboard shortcuts are defined in the plugin itself. I have not made these customizable. It is not difficult to add this functionality, but since I have a new job and have no use for this plugin anymore, I've decided to stop maintaining it. I suggest you use the Mplayer plugin instead, since that one is still actively being developed. Another option is to add this functionality yourself, the source code is available in the plugins SVN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom