Videos not starting full screen (1 Viewer)

TheBiGW

Portal Member
October 1, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

Turned on the Mediacenter today for my daughter and Moving Pictures suddenly isn't starting movies full screen. Instead, they start in the 'PiP' mode. When this happens, the remote and keyboard go unresponsive and I have to end-task mediaportal.exe. I've done a quick search and found this thread which describes the problem but sadly no fix.

This problem doesn't happen in My Videos, or My TVSeries - only Moving Pictures. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this problem? Or toggle between full screen and non-full screen using the remote? At a bit of a loss.

Thanks,

BiGW

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you have any custom remote buttons left, you can assign one to:

MediaPortal config -> Remote -> Find the 'Mapping' for the remote you use -> Locate custom button you want to adjust/edit -> "All Layers" -> Condition = "No Condition" -> Action = "Window" + "Fullscreen Video"

Be sure to 'OK' all the dialogs, so that MediaPortal config closes correct and actually saves the changes into the XML configuration files.

You can also use the default mapped keyboard shortkey 'X', and with the mouse you can just click on the mini/PiP video playing which will put a focus ring around it and clicking it then will go fullscreen as well.

PS: The actual origin/source of this behaviour is usually the splitter, video or audio codec you use.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom