Videos without fanart (1 Viewer)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi everybody,

I have one folder with my home videos (no artwork, no metadata), and I’ve set it to see this videos within MovingPictures.

Is there some way to have them listed with an icon view? I mean the typicall icon with a frame of the video you can see in the myvideos section of MP, but inside MovingPictures. I can’t find this option in the MovingPictures configuration.

Thanks in advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Keep on using the MyVideos part of MediaPortal for those type of videos, or go through the trouble of making custom artwork and details for them.

MovPic config -> "Importer Settings" -> Artwork, you can enable folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg, but you can also use %filename%.jpg. Then re-import the movie and your custom artwork will be imported.

By using the XBMC NFO method, you can even add custom details for all the text parts, director, writer, cast, plot, etc. Check the wiki for more info on that one.

JuanC2

Portal Member
    February 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you RoChess for the answer.

But I really don't need artwork for this videos, but only a small visual "frame-icon" to identify them. I'd like to have them inside MovingPictures, because I took off the home menu the MyVideos part.

Isn't it possible to have a frame of the video instead of a default folder.jpg in MovPic? Maybe editing some skin file?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a way inside MediaPortal to obtain a screenshot from the mediafile to be used, which is indeed what MyVideos uses to get your desired result. Other plugins can also use this feature, and I believe MP-TVSeries at one time used it for episode thumbnails when TheTVdB lacked one. But either I have that option disabled now, or it lead to nothing but trouble, because the main fanart shows for me now when no episode thumbnail exists.

So a serious change to the C# code of MovingPictures would be required to also add your request. So you should add this as an enhancement ticket request at the Moving-Pictures google code project site.

In the meantime you could use the same 'mtn.exe' command-line tool in the 'MovieThumbnailer' folder that resides in your MediaPortal program folder that MyVideos uses. Manually generate those folder.jpg files and re-import the movie into MovPic. More info on the tool @ http://moviethumbnail.sourceforge.net/

You can even generate folder.jpg files that consist of multiple screenshots from the same file (2 columns, 3 rows for example) to get a more portrait styled result.

JuanC2

Portal Member
    February 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well thank you for the explanation. I believed that MovPic had this feature somewhere.

Thank you also for the 'mtm.exe' tip, but it'll be annoying to me to do it manually every time. Maybe I'll try to do it in a batch file, but I think this feature should be in MovPic, so I'll also add the request.

Regards :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom