Videowindow does not allow overlays? (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am trying to modify the avalon TV screen to be more like all the other screens. I have a menu section on the right, which should lay over the video screen by a little on the left side of the video to allow for the round borders (just like fanart in avalon).

It looks OK when the video is not playing (screenshot 1) but as soon as TV is playing the videowindow seems to be "always on top". Is there something to be done against this? If not --> should it be a feature?

P.S.: Sorry for the Clinton screenshot ;)

Attachments

• 09-07-01.png
      09-07-01.png
      624.5 KB
    • 09-01-48.png
      09-01-48.png
      988.8 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    No, video window overlay is rendered after the GUI overlay, therefore only layers which are after video windows can be shown on top of video window. This is current hierarchy (simplified a bit) of different overlays: GUI - VIDEO - OSD - TOPBAR - DIALOG

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! It is a pity - since I have seen dialogs above the video window I expected skinning elements to be able to overlay the video window. Is OSD fixed or could I add an OSD to a normal window? I am thinking of somehow "fooling" the systems ;)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess chaging the render sequence is not exactly a minor feature request

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I guess chaging the render sequence is not exactly a minor feature request

It would probably break lot of other skins that rely on the current ordering. What would be possible is that screen files would be able to give a z-order for the layers. But generally there is not that much worth in changing those. Dialogs, OSD, top bar... they all have their own places (and only the current z-order makes sence). Only video and GUI could be changed so the video is back and then GUI ever it... but in that case skinner would be responsible for making a whole or semi-transparent hole in the GUI...

What would really make sence is to have z-order for every GUI element. I hope this is how MP2 works (and I think it does).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom