View selection by "parent" folder or source (2 Viewers)

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I use mediaportal and MPTVseries for quite a long time, thank you for this plugin.

Recently, due to lists becoming too long and mixed, I decided to make a change in my mediaportal menu.

I would like to have two instances/views of the plugin in my streamedMP home.
    One would be for series on one NAS and the other for series on another NAS.

It's easy to give mptv a view name as parameter with the streamedMP menu editor.

But how would I setup two custom views for files on one NAS or another? Is it even possible?

Right now I use two views where I manually add series to each. It works but is not ideal.

Thank you for your help :)

Have a good day

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you manually edit the SQLite database rules you can do things like this easy. But the pseudo-SQL that is used is somewhat difficult to create, and I cannot view mine easily as my HTPC has been out of commission due to a failed CPU upgrade. That's what I get for upgrading from AMD 2200G to 4650G and not reading the notes. On top of everything I've moved and majority is still in boxes.

Share the existing content of the view table, that should trigger the pseudo-SQL syntax knowledge to assist.

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for the answer, here is the viewConfig line for one of my views (if that's what you asked for)

series<;><Series.ViewTags>;like;%|Series|%<;><;><nextStep>season<;><;><Season.seasonIndex>;asc<;><nextStep>episode<;><;><Episode.EpisodeIndex>;asc<;>

From what I gather by looking at it, I'd need to replace Series.ViewTags by the Series.'path property' (if it exists) and look for the nas letter at the start (p: and s: )

I tried looking in the db but I don't see any path in the local_series table, only in the local_episodes table.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I know I made some more advanced rules for my own setup, but without access to the SQLite db3 file that is difficult to remember from.

As per: mptvseries/ViewTemplates.cs at master · damienhaynes/mptvseries I'm not seeing much in the other default templates either, but I do recall that both table values are available to use. It is just knowing the pseudo-SQL values correct to use the values that you need to proceed.

Maybe @ltfearme can help as I'm not recalling exactly where to look in the source-code to find those details and without access to a working environment makes it even harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom