View video files(muted) and listen to music library simultaniously. (1 Viewer)

Mossey

February 4, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am totally new to Media Portal and have just installed 1.3.0 Alpha on a new Win 8 laptop. I am used to using the WMC but Microsoft is dicking with dedicated users. So I am totally overwhelmed with MP. I really like the default skin appearance so I am hoping to be able to learn this program. I used the WMC on a home constructed HTPC (Antec fusion 430 case using Sound forge Imon display/remote(Logitech) software). Will I be able to set up the display and remote using Media Portal? And is it possible to do as my title suggests? I have many HD underwater video files that I would like to be showing(randomly) on my 60" TV whilst I am listening to my music library(randomly). Can this be done? Thanks for any help someone may have.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 can only play one file at a time - either video or music. You might have a look at an MP2 alpha, which supports 2 players. But you might consider another option: I run iTunes in the background as a service (using jTunes java app). This way I can use the normal apple remote stuff to play music whenever I want, you might than run MP with videos and mute MP.

Mossey

February 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for your reply and I have tried both suggestions. I did not get the desired results, I think because I am not familiar enough to set things up properly. Eg: I could not find a place to mute the sound on Media Portal. I also find it unusual and difficult to create libraries(playlists). I am amazed, how smart people are that write code like this, and still some of us(me) are too stupid to know you to use it properly.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom