VISTA: Bitperfection - Reclock or only ASIO? (1 Viewer)

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Bugger. Well, I hope it gets resolved soon. This is a pretty major bug for nvidia to just leave in their drivers. As someone in that other forum said, nearly all music is sampled at 44.1KHz.

It annoys me because all the rest of the chain is fine. The music is 44.1KHz, HDMI supports 44.1KHz, my amp decodes, processes and amplifies 44.1KHz, but the damn drivers won't support it! Ah well, I guess I'm stuck having ffdshow upsample it for now.

I still have the problem with selective loading of reclock, though. How do I stop it loading up for certain files, but use it for stereo ones? e.g. I have some recordings of Top Gear with 32KHz stereo MP3 audio, for which I'd like to use reclock because it correctly sends the stereo 32KHz to my amp over HDMI (the amp's display shows up 32KHz), and I'd like to use it for resampled music (44.1KHz to 48KHz via ffdshow), but for movies with DD or DTS sound, I want to bitstream them untouched, and if I've already used reclock once, I can only do that by quitting and restarting Mediaportal.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom