Vista DPI Settings and Monochrome Skin (1 Viewer)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

hi guys,

i am running my htpc @1080p 50Hz on my Samsung 40" LCD screen. The problem for me is the font size on the desktop. So i changed the DPI to 192 and eveything was perfectly readyble then. However, when i run mediaportal ( i am using the monochrome skin) the written text such as the date in the lower right corner is ridiculouly huge and messes up the whole interface of mediaportal.

is there any solution to having a readable desktop (its always important for me when i want to browse the web or do some configurations) and still have a mediaportal which does not adjust its fonts to my DPI settings? the other thing is that after changign the DPI i need to do a reboot of my system, which is really timeconsuming.

till now, i have been using VNC to do the configuration as the Vista Interface is barely readable at 1080p on my TV from a certain distance...

hope you guys can help me out.
best,

kian

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
i dont think this resolves the issue. i can still watch movies i guess, but what i am referring to is that the font size in mediaportal of my monochrome skin ges also HUGE and messes up the whole design. But the fontsize is necessary for me when i am on the vista desktop.

so what i need to find is something that changes the dpi on my vista desktop without affecting MP....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom