Vista + MP 1.10: Recordings Consistently Fail (1 Viewer)

BeDucky

Portal Member
March 17, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the log files. (y)
First impression: they're huuuuuuge! The TsWriter log alone is 3.3 million lines long.
Yeah, I had noticed that they were getting progressively larger, and was wondering what that was about. Now I know.

1. Low signal strength and/or quality.
  2. High timeshift and/or recording HDD load (often caused by security software such as anti-spyware and anti-virus products which attempt to scan the contents of the timeshift and/or recording folders).
Could one of these be affecting you?
It seems unlikely to me that it would be a signal strength problem. That channel always seems to have a consistent picture and signal strength, and I have no problem tuning to it via MP's live television function. Besides, if that was the case, I can't explain why the first show records to completion, and the one starting immediately after it conks out before it even starts.

Wait...wasn't the recording on March 29 a different station anyway? I mean, they're owned by the same company, and probably broadcast off the same antenna tower, but even so...

In any case, as far as option #2 goes, it wouldn't be the first time my security software has cause me functionality problems. I'll start there, and let you know what results I get from fiddling around with that stuff. It won't be for a couplefew days.

(Also, my coax splitter finally arrived, so I'll probably be coming back with a whole new set of fun and interesting problems I've managed to introduce with adding a second tuner to the setup. =] )

Toodles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom