Vista RC 1 - First Impressions with MP (1 Viewer)

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Hi,
I've only had a quick play and have to got to work - so more later:
1) The back button no longer works on the MCE Remote / Keyborad (makes navigation hard.
2) MP can load too fast if you have auto start config (covered in other posts)
3) Sound - PCM sounds works fine but ALL digital content (incl TV / Video) either plays nothing of S/PDIF or depending the combination of Renderer / Codec slected you get what sounds like a "giger counter" noise. I also have a rew renderer called "C-Media Digitial Output" but if you try to use it you get an error saying the Pin is not available.
4) Nero had to be installed is is "apparantly" not compatible
5) DVICO HDTV software does not work with a "no hardware overlay" error
6) Make sure you update your NVIDIA drivers from their website to get Video Overlay in MP working (note: I've got few options in control panel - like no underscan or other HDTV settings!)

For now
Nathan

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.4
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: PentiumD 2.8
HDD: WD2500 x 2
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: Dell SC430
Motherboard Chipset: Dell SC430
Motherboard Bios: Dell SC430
Video Card: NVIDIA 6200TC
Video Card Driver: NVIDIA
Sound Card: C-Media 8768 with SPDIF
Sound Card AC3: C-Media 8768 with SPDIF
Sound Card Driver: C-Media 8768
1. TV Card: DVICO PCI Fusion Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia, ffdshow, Nero, DVICO
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia, ffdshow, Nero, DVICO
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Foxtel
Remote: MCE
TV: Hitachi Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
I've at least got sound going from both PCM and AC/3 sources by turning off S/PDIF output for the Audio Codecs in the MP config page - it is now all output as PCM over S/PDIF.

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
I'll give it a shot shortly (when I get the Wife / Kids of the TV). PS is the link above correct as it seems to go to an unrelated post.

Any ideas on the MCE remote / keyboard - the only "navigation buttons" that seem to work are the 4 arrow & OK buttons (Back / Fwd / Rew / Pause etc don't seem to do anything). The other keys on the keyboard & the mouse pointer are fine.

Thanks
Nathan

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
:oops:

Of course not, it was my bloody firefox not copying stuff sometimes on CTRL+C :mad:

Too early for me to have realized the wrong link, tho. Corrected it. ;)

About the remote... I think Smirnuff mentioned that they have changed the driver in Vista. Means we'd have to do some work to make MP's internal support work with it. Should be done until Vista is out. :D

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Thanks got the latest and just loaded in on an XP pc to find the "passthrough" (as I wait for the TV to become avail) but I don't see this option under the audio decoder config.

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Nope - going back to XP tonight, all I've managed to do is add an additional set of issues and did not solve my XP ones :( still no MPEG/DTS support.....

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Thanks mPod, I already have these set as S/PDIF (I thought that there may of been some new Vista Passthrough model). I also see that Media Centre works fine with the remote.

If there is anything you want me to try before I got back to XP let me know and I can change back tommorow night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom