Vista RC 1 - First Impressions with MP (1 Viewer)

jmone

Portal Member
March 24, 2006
Ooo :( just configed Media Centre TV and now MP's TV geting a codec error.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
I think Smirnuff mentioned that they have changed the driver in Vista

I've just finished creating a Vista RC1 virtual machine in VMware Workstation and yup things have changed.

The packets and subsequent button codes being received are the same but the device path for the official Microsoft/Philips receiver has changed to:

Code:
\\?\hid#irdevice&col01#2&1696372&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

The code that handles device arrival and removal no longer works correctly. Boo!

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've just finished creating a Vista RC1 virtual machine in VMware Workstation and yup things have changed.

The packets and subsequent button codes being received are the same but the device path for the official Microsoft/Philips receiver has changed to:

Code:
\\?\hid#irdevice&col01#2&1696372&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

The code that handles device arrival and removal no longer works correctly. Boo!
Cool, if that's the only needed change it's no problem. I'll note it down. Thanks, holy ancient master of the MCE remote... :D

Removal & arrival? Who needs such anyway?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
What did you do to get RC1 running with VMware? I only get "Windows is loading files" infinitely, the installer never really comes up, no matter how long I wait. :(

Thx for the changed sources, btw. Highly appreciated! ;)
Does this version include the device handling you talked about once? You said you lost some sources... Are they in there now?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
What did you do to get RC1 running with VMware?

You need to shutdown Workstation and add the following two lines to the Vista RC1 VM's .vmx file:

Code:
svga.maxWidth=640
svga.maxHeight=480

Then try again, it installs really quickly. Once complete you should install VMware Tools and then shutdown VM and Workstation, open the .vmx and remove the above two lines. Next time you boot you'll be all set.

Does this version include the device handling you talked about once?

Confused, remind me...

You said you lost some sources... Are they in there now?

This is as fully functional build, the code I lost was no more functional just nicer code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom