TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

jfenton

July 20, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
Vistaview Saber 2020 PCIe dual tuner analogue cards

Hi guys,
I'm thinking of getting one of the Vistaview Saber 2020 PCIe dual tuner analogue cards. Good price, good value etc...

What's your take on the card?

I haven't seen it in the supported list. However there are a lot of references to people who seem to be using it successfully.

1. Does it work with Media Portal 0.2.3.0 RC1?
2. Does it work with TvEngine 0.3?
3. Did you have to do anything special to get it to work with both applications?

Any advice you offer would be great.

Thanks guys
Juston

buggerr

Portal Member
December 7, 2007
Well I bought the card yesterday and it worked in MediaPortal with the default firmware (v1.4) and drivers (from cd). After a update to the latest firmware and drivers it won't be recognized by MP. The reason why I updated, is because with the default firmware and drivers I got an error when I recorded something from live TV. The error caused MP to close down.

The strange thing is, in Windows Media Center the card works perfectly.

I also checked the file CaptureCardDefinitions.xml if the VistaView Saber 2020 is listed. It is, and the vendorID and the deviceID haven't changed, so I don't know why it doesn't work.

Now I'm going to try to get it to work with TV-engine, maybe thats different.

jfenton

July 20, 2007
Wellington
Home Country
Hi buggerr,

I am using the vistaview2020 PCIex1 dual tuner graphics card with media portal, tv engine and tv plugin SVN16552 in multi seat mode (i.e. separate physical tv server with multiple "N" number physical clients). I am also using the vistaview drivers and firmware Saber 2020 1037.2.0.1 & Firmware 1.7. I did have trouble with this card until the latest drivers were released. The latest drivers and firmware solved a lot of problems for me. However some of the problems may also have been solved by subsequent revisions of the tv engine. The TV Engine I'm using is stable enough that I haven't bothered upgrading to the latest version although I will eventually.

As far as the drivers and firmware are concerned I would recommened reading clearly the instructions for uninstalling the old drivers and installing the new ones as it can be tricky.

Oh the other thing, the VistaView 2020 drivers are BDA drivers. The TVServer engine works with BDA enabled cards. As such, if you are using the TVEngine and the vistaview card then you should have no trouble.

Send me a private message if you would like assistance setting this card up with your system.

I hope this helps

Juston Fenton

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom