Visualization/Album art is offsetted (1 Viewer)

MrWorf

Portal Pro
August 15, 2006
TV-Server Version: 05-20-2007 01-22h Revision 14669
MediaPortal Version: 05-20-2007 01-00h - Revision:14669
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo 16:9 or any else for that matter
Windows Version: WinXP MCE SP2
CPU Type: Core Duo
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nVidia 7600GS
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Internal Realtek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WIN-TV PVR500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Pinnacle PCI TV-2000 PRO (DVB-T)
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

As you can see from the screenshots (1 & 2), the overlay "window" which is showing visualization isn't respecting the calibration I've done to avoid overscan. While it may look like the small vis on the left/bottom side (1) looks ok, it isn't. It will jump between a non-adjusted position and the adjusted position, which is VERY annoying.

What's even stranger is that when I disable the vis and should only get the album art, the art will DIFFER in the "Now playing" from the music menu (3).

Finally, if you, for some reason, select "None" as your visualization and enable "Show visualization" in the "Now playing" tab, you get a black square where the album art/vis should be. This isn't so bad (stupid user ;)) but when you press back to enter the list again, the black box remains and will always be there when you're playing music (4).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    K, I'll fix the black square when set to "none" now.
    The "different" art is intended - in fact Now Playing tries to gather the best images available on the internet. If it successfully retrieves Album and Artist art (what is used can be seen in the MediaPortal.log) both will switch over after some seconds.

Regarding the calibration I'll talk to another dev who might be able to help here.

MrWorf

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2006
    In the latest version of MP (05-31-2007 01-01h - Revision:14765) the artwork works as expected, but the visualization is still jumpy when shown in the small window and when displaying the "Now playing" window, the visualization is not adjusted for the calibrated display.

(No new screenshots since the old ones should suffice for showing the problem :))

MrWorf

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2006
    What's worse, the visualization is not adjusted when running fullscreen vis either. So you get a black border on the bottom and righthand side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom