ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 ATSC Channel Scan Finds Nothing (1 Viewer)

Zeddarius

April 6, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version:: XP 32-bit SP3
CPU Type: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core 2.2Ghz
HDD: WD 500Gb 5400RPM
Memory: 3Gb
Motherboard: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE / nForce 430
Video Card: Geforce 9800gt
Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.6658
Sound Card: Turtle Beach Montego DDL
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.8
1. TV Card: ViXS PureTV-U 48B0
1. TV Card Type: ATSC/NTSC Combo

My friend got this working on windows 7 by installing some older drivers he saw recommended here but I can't find the post he is talking about and was hoping someone with the same card could point me in the right direction. I can get it to scan it just doesn't find anything.

Thanks in advance. :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Can't see anything either. Could you please post your TV Server logs - it should give us a clue about why channels aren't being found.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Zeddarius

I don't know how I missed your response, but I did and I apologize. :sorry:
    Your logs look good to me. TV Server recognizes the tuner and I can see that you manage to complete a full scan. The only problem is that channels the tuner didn't find any channels. Have you tried doing a clear QAM scan rather than an ATSC scan?

Note: make sure that you set the tuner up as a hybrid if you intend to use the analog side of it. Instructions for that here...

Zeddarius

April 6, 2011
    I tried all the QAM settings too to no avail. I think maybe this card just isn't working properly. Other people seem to have the same trouble with it in media center and media portal but I know for a fact my friend had it working in windows 7. He can't seem to tell me the HOW though. He did say it required some specific drivers but I can't seem to find any other ones for XP.
    I'll attach the new logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom