vlc as external player (1 Viewer)

dorijan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi to all

Did anyone find a solution how to use VLC as external player? I saw old versions of plugin, but it does not work with new MP.
I have some problems with network from where I play files and ffdshow breaks if I got packet loss, so I was looking to try vlc as player.
I has option like :file-caching=xxxx which I think would solve my problem.
Thank to everyone....

Scubar

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Im using VLC as an external video player. In the Arguements i use %filename% --fullscreen --spdif --playlist-exit

Scubar

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Im using VLC as an external video player. In the Arguements i use %filename% --fullscreen --spdif --playlist-exit

What do these arguments do ?

%filename% (This passes the filename to VLC to play)
--fullscreen (This tells VLC to start playing in Fullscreen mode)
--spdif (This tells VLC to output to SPDIF device)
--playlist-exit (This tells VLC to automatically close after the selected Video has finished)

That way when i click a video in Media Portal VLC opens instantly in full screenmode, Plays the selected file then closes and goes back to the Media Portal interface again afterwards.

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008

What do these arguments do ?

%filename% (This passes the filename to VLC to play)
--fullscreen (This tells VLC to start playing in Fullscreen mode)
--spdif (This tells VLC to output to SPDIF device)
--playlist-exit (This tells VLC to automatically close after the selected Video has finished)

That way when i click a video in Media Portal VLC opens instantly in full screenmode, Plays the selected file then closes and goes back to the Media Portal interface again afterwards.

Are there any arguments for MPC-HC as well ? I'm having tough time getting it using it with MP because for some reason as soon as MP launches MPC-HC, it takes the focus back and my remote starts interacting with MP instead of MPC-HC

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    my VLC arguments are:

%filename% -f --play-and-exit

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys,

Did try configuring VLC as my default player (as I prefer it to MP and the codec mess around that). I use Lyfesavers parameters but I ran into the problem that I can start playing back, but won't be able to use my (MCE) remote to pause / stop or any other activity to control VLC. did I miss anything and should something else be configured to make this work?

thanks,
    Patrick

magooo

Portal Member
    November 9, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    where do I find and what do I do to apply the argument to use VLC as a external player for mediaportal, I`ve tried various combinations using the Dos command but DOS rejects it.

A step by step would be appreciated, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom