VMR7 removed ?? not sure (1 Viewer)

chanblard

Portal Member
June 22, 2005
Hi , i have a problem with the cvs version since vmr9 was removed , in fact mp now use VMR7 ??
it used to work with VMR9 (geforce go 6800....)

why? i have the impression that mp is less and less functionnal ( for example timeshifting with terratec t² is always lagging so i can't use it => same for the recording......)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think you're a little confused.

VMR7 was removed as it is a very old spec. Now MP uses only DX9, which is MS's latest version.

For me it works fine.

Since you haven't given any problems, symptoms or specs there's not really much more I can add in the way of help...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi chanblard,
    I to have this problem with CVS from mediaportal-cvs-01-19-2006--15-42.rar & mediaportal-cvs-01-20-2006--01-05.rar .
    MP log shows that it uses VRM9 & a VMR7 Helper. MyTV just flicker and has 2 images on each other (one fullscreen & one normal), so something it’s weird. 8)
    Roy

chanblard

Portal Member
    June 22, 2005
    with RC2 , i choose in the configuration VMR9 - Renderless and i have a fast and well working osd and tv

then i copy the 20 january cvs version over the rc2 , with the same configuration files, mp use vmr7 ( very slow OSD and tv not working properly as it does when i used vmr7 ...)

there is a problem somewhere....

(i use 78.10 nvidia drivers i cant update them - notebook's manufacturer don't release drivers every months..)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It is fixed in the vesion "mediaportal-cvs-01-20-2006--15-36"

Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom