vmr9 exclusive mode problem (2 Viewers)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Another weird thing: Yesterday I tried disabling vsync again, just for the sake of experimenting. This time, I got no tearing neither in h.264 material nor in TV or anything else :confused: Disabling vsync has always given me mad tearing before. These things are very confusing... The only thing I can think of is that I upgraded to the latest DirectX yesterday, maybe that's what made a difference. Disabling exclusive mode still gives me a lot of tearing though...

It's funny that these things never can reach full explanations. I imagine that there should be at least some HTPC entusiasts among the engineers av Nvidia and ATI/AMD. Why don't these people ever make it to the forums? Either they must go to work with an ambivalent feeling of frustration, disgust and fascination towards their employers, or there are solutions to these matters that simply never make it to the public.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    but when I played an mkv file it crashed MP. Not sure if it is the mkv container, or the content.

That sounds more like the codec being used, than EVR being at fault, run the same file with MP windowed and use GraphEdit\Graphstudio to connect to the remote graph and see which codec is being used to play the mkv.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    My Final setup to success is Exclusive mode on, and vsync off. However got some very slight tearing watching a DVD iso file mounted with Daemon tools. However other then that flawless.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Ok..

So I got EVR to work with Windows XP SP3..

Looks great, and everything was working well with the 720P x264 encode I was watching however, when I got to a fast screen, I experienced some jerkyness. I then went back to VMR9 with exclusive mode on and vsync off. This seemed to be the best results from the testing.

I am attaching the EVR installation I ran to get EVR to work. This worked with Windows XP. use at your own regard with Vista and the other Service Packs. all you do is run the bat file and press ok to all the dll registrations.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    In a effort to get EVR to work better, I upgraded my NVIDIA drivers to the latest one from the website. As well as applying the framework 3.5 and the sp1 for it. This still gave me undesirable results with EVR, in the sense of non fluid motion. However, Exclusive Mode, VMR9 and Vsync Forced On. Really gave me the best results .. so for now this is what I am sticking with. I am watching a captured episode which looks pretty bad color wise however I will mess with the settings, and other sources of video.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    UPDATE:
    After Upgrade my Nvida 7900gs to GeForce Release 178 WHQL
    and Update my .NET Framework with SP1. I am now able to see a better picture with VMR9 & Exclusive mode, I also fixed the color issue. I made it so the application is incharge of the color and the drivers. All looks good right now. I think this is all I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom