VMR9 mode stops output to external TV Display (1 Viewer)

navigator

October 26, 2005
W. Yorks - UK
I am using a Radeon Sapphire 9550 Graphics card and Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T PCI with MP 0.2.0 RC2 and an external TV set connected as Monitor 2. Generally the system works well but when using VMR9 for TV, then the display on the TV does not show Media Portal output but simply the PC background. Reverting back to VMR7 is fine.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or got any ideas. VMR9 mode seems to generally be the recommended mode of operation and so it would help if this worked correctly.

In ther meantime , looking forward to the next RC even it is delayed. Better to get it right before release so keep up the good work.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Afaik VMR9 only works on the first monitor. VMR7, which is a type of overlay, works on both screens. So i think you have to set the TV as first monitor and your monitor/LCD as second. Only imho, because i do not use dual output myself.

HTH, Flip.

navigator

October 26, 2005
    W. Yorks - UK
    Probably impractical to adopt your suiggestion as the Primary monitor is for my PC running at 1600*1200 whereas the TV as secondary monitor will only go to 1024*768 max. The TV is actually in a different room wired back to my PC so as to pick up digital TV from my TV Card onto a terrestial set.

I've come to the conclusion that VMR9 is actually not supported over the S-Video connector from PC to TV. I also tested this feature out using the Native WinTV32 / WinTV2000 applications setting to VMR9 with similar results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom