VMR9 not working on Vista? (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi,for some reason VMR9 it's not working for me on Vista.In My TV when trying to view a channel MP loose focus and i get a black flickering screen and then it's getting back on top but in the preview window i can only see strange characters(see attached screenshot).

In My Video instead when start playing a movie is getting minimized to tray and the only way to exit MP is Ctr+Alt+Del.

Using EVR instead i don't have this issue and MP is working well.MP RC3 was intalled on a clean OS without any MP installed previously,i'm using Cyberlink codecs for TV FFDShow and CoreAVC for Movies,Catalyst 8.9 on Vista SP1.

PS:i don't know if this is a bug or not so if you need further testing please let me know.

Attachments

• VMR9 error.jpg
      VMR9 error.jpg
      290.9 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    On VISTA EVR is recommended to be used.
    the "experimental" note will be removed very soon in configuration and it will become the default rendere if the OS=Vista is detected.

Question is if there is a reason why you would like to use VMR9 instead on VISTA? :)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    On VISTA EVR is recommended to be used.
    the "experimental" note will be removed very soon in configuration and it will become the default rendere if the OS=Vista is detected.

Question is if there is a reason why you would like to use VMR9 instead on VISTA? :)

No reason for me Infinity cause i'm using EVR already ;) but on MP BugTracker i've seen an issue regarding VMR9 was already resolved and maybe this could be related somehow,so maybe can help the developers,that's all.:D

ericko777

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    On my HTPC (MB: gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h, GC: Build-in, Pross: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7Ghz, 3Go RAM) when I use EVR, I have realized that FPS is slower compare to VMR9. BEcause of that, TV images arent smooth enough... So, for me, VMR9 seem better...

Am I the only one who like VMR9 better then EVR?... but, big problem with VMR9, it get MP minimized too often :-/

How come the cannot fix the minimized problem???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom