.VOB subtitles won't turn off (1 Viewer)

rhmclay

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II x4 630 2.8GHz
HDD: Western Digital 640GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3-1333
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Video Card: ATI Sapphire Radeion HD 4670 DDR3 1GB
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard - Realtek ALC889a
Sound Card AC3: 1 Optical Out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Everyone,

I am trying to watch VOB files using the MP RC 1.0 and the latest StreamedMP skin. Problem is the subtitles won't turn off. No matter what I have done while watching the show. It only seems to happen with .vob, my .mkv's seem to be fine. Also, when I was using the beta, of MP and StreamedMP, I watched these same shows and no automatic subtitles and I could turn on and off. So does anyone have any idea what option/s I am missing in the config??

Thanks!!!

I am just not sure what is going on. The subtitles do not look like the normal subtitles that were there. I have tried unchecking load subtitles automatically from the config window for mediaportal, under videos. Just kinda lost. Not sure why it changed all of a sudden after upgrading.

rhmclay

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
Home Country
Ugh... My brain is fried and I can't think of what it could be. Wife is upset that I upgraded and messed up what was working previously. Maybe going to bed will give me a new perspective. If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    Try unchecking this. Worked for me.

Attachments

• 2010-04-09_230026.JPG
      2010-04-09_230026.JPG
      83.5 KB

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Yeah. I do have that un-checked. It's weird. It didn't do it before I upgraded, it would only show subs when I turned them on. Now I can't turn them off. And it is only for my vob's, which are only my tv series, not the mkv's. Those don't show without me turning them on. Really weird.

The part that sucks is we have a birthday party today for my son, and the wife is not too happy at this point.

I am completely lost at this point...

The weird thing is, I can't even turn the subs off. Even by going into the subtitles menu while the show is playing and disabling the subtitles option, so the blue dot is off, it doesn't turn off the subs. At least until I figured out why it was loading them I could turn it off, that might have been a temporary solution, but that doesn't even work. Something is over-riding it.

Well it isn't MyTV Series. I forgot I did have a show in it that was in a MKV - Band of Brothers. And that played fine without the subtitles being turned completely on, without turning it off.

So it does seem to be just the .VOB's that I am having an issue with. Again, I have unchecked everything that says force subs, so not sure what else to do.

Any ideas, let me know. I seem to be making very slow progress.

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Any other suggestions? I am out of ideas and was hoping the experts might have some suggestions... I know it is a preference I am missing somewhere, I am just not sure where. I have checked everywhere I can think of, and have done the same thing multiple times. Let me know if there are suggestions. Any and all accepted ;-)

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    Hopefully someone will chime in and have a solution for turning them off for you. But in the meantime, if you are desperate, you can edit the vob and delete the subtitles. A google search should provide you with instructions.

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Well I was hoping to figure this out, but maybe I will have to find a tool to remove the subtitles, which is actually a bummer, because we do use them on occassion.

As always, if anyone has any suggestions, please throw them out there.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    Try RC2 too. Fixed a bunch of stuff for me. Near 100% perfect now.

rhmclay

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Well I will try RC2. And since it looks like there are some issues, the front page is saying to do a clean install. So, I guess we will see where that puts me. I really hope that it does correct it. I don't want to have to take the subtitles out. Time wise, plus like I said we do use them from time to time.

Thanks Alank for trying to help me over the last week or so. I do appreciate it.

As always, if anyone has any other ideas, let me know. I will let you know what happens when I upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom