VODServer - Watch internet streams as TV channels (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello makkie_65

Please don't get me wrong... but if you want to get those channels working then you're likely going to have to help yourself. It looks like this add-on is quite technical and more of a "do-it-yourself" kind of job. In other words, don't expect to install it and have it "just work". You will almost certainly have to invest some time. Okay, maybe quite a lot of time.

As rsenden said:
    If you are able to watch some TV channels or other streams via a web browser, you may be able to use VODServer to watch those streams in MP. You will need to find out what technology is being used (RTMP, Silverlight, ...) and the required parameters. For some web sites the parameters are easy to find out (for example a direct video URL in the page source), others require more advanced analysis (RTMP parameters) or may not be possible at all. If you are unable to figure out how to get it to work, you may try to post the web page URL here so others can have a look.

Some key phrases:
    • "...may be able to..." - implies that there is no guarantee it will work
    • "You will need to find out what technology is being used..." - hopefully pretty self explanatory... but if you don't know how to do this (or find out how to do this) then with all due respect, this add-on is probably too technical for you
    • "others require more advanced analysis or may not be possible at all" - again, there is no guarantee of success, and this is not necessarily something a non-technical person can get working
    Read the documentation (http://vodserver.sourceforge.net/). Try to follow the examples and read the logs to figure out what is going wrong. If you're stuck with something specific then ask for help with that.

If the documentation doesn't make any sense to you and everything just seems too hard... quite honestly, you may have to accept that you won't get help and you won't get your channels working. Please be patient and give the community a chance. This is a new add-on with only a small user base.

mm

makkie_65

Portal Member
    January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello makkie_65

Please don't get me wrong... but if you want to get those channels working then you're likely going to have to help yourself. It looks like this add-on is quite technical and more of a "do-it-yourself" kind of job. In other words, don't expect to install it and have it "just work". You will almost certainly have to invest some time. Okay, maybe quite a lot of time.

Was NOT expecting it to "just work", I was just asking if anybody had a solution, that's all.

As rsenden said:
    If you are able to watch some TV channels or other streams via a web browser, you may be able to use VODServer to watch those streams in MP. You will need to find out what technology is being used (RTMP, Silverlight, ...) and the required parameters. For some web sites the parameters are easy to find out (for example a direct video URL in the page source), others require more advanced analysis (RTMP parameters) or may not be possible at all. If you are unable to figure out how to get it to work, you may try to post the web page URL here so others can have a look.

Some key phrases:
    • "You will need to find out what technology is being used..." - hopefully pretty self explanatory... but if you don't know how to do this (or find out how to do this) then with all due respect, this add-on is probably too technical for you
    • "others require more advanced analysis or may not be possible at all" - again, there is no guarantee of success, and this is not necessarily something a non-technical person can get working

Thank you for the English lesson.... I did NOT expect ANY guarantees. Again, I was just asking a question that perhaps somebody knew the answer to. Besides, the person who wrote the add-on (rsenden) asked me to post the links to the channels I needed help with.
    Perhaps, the add-on IS too technical, but that does NOT mean I can't ask a question, specially if the person who wrote the add-on is willing to help (i.e. by asking me to post the links to the channels)

Read the documentation (http://vodserver.sourceforge.net/). Try to follow the examples and read the logs to figure out what is going wrong. If you're stuck with something specific then ask for help with that.

If the documentation doesn't make any sense to you and everything just seems too hard... quite honestly, you may have to accept that you won't get help and you won't get your channels working. Please be patient and give the community a chance. This is a new add-on with only a small user base.

mm

I DID read the documentation and perhaps there are things I don't completely understand, but there is NO need to get on a HIGH horse looking down at someone who's just trying to get an add-on to work. Perhaps with all your brilliance you could come up with a solution. I'm sure many will appreciate it and thank you for it making you feel a lot better that you feel today. Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    makkie_65, I unreservedly apologise.
    It seems you took offence to what I said. That was the last thing I intended. I was only trying to help.
    I'll go away now.

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm quite interested in getting this to work aswell. I already combine FTA channels on Dvb-t and Dvb-s and ising the Internet to stream more is appealing. Seems the way things are going now and would love to see further support from MP to include easy to setup streaming.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello makkie_65

Was NOT expecting it to "just work", I was just asking if anybody had a solution, that's all.

As rsenden said:

Some key phrases:
    Thank you for the English lesson.... I did NOT expect ANY guarantees. Again, I was just asking a question that perhaps somebody knew the answer to. Besides, the person who wrote the add-on (rsenden) asked me to post the links to the channels I needed help with.
    Perhaps, the add-on IS too technical, but that does NOT mean I can't ask a question, specially if the person who wrote the add-on is willing to help (i.e. by asking me to post the links to the channels)

mm

I DID read the documentation and perhaps there are things I don't completely understand, but there is NO need to get on a HIGH horse looking down at someone who's just trying to get an add-on to work. Perhaps with all your brilliance you could come up with a solution. I'm sure many will appreciate it and thank you for it making you feel a lot better that you feel today. Thanks!

Are you seriously attacking the person who honestly replied to your request.
    This method is in its infancy so there are a minimal people with the required experience to help.

I'll start you off.

Get a packet sniffer.
    Go to the website you need the video from.
    Find the rtmp link.
    Add to the m3u.
    Wake up the next day and repeat as the link will have changed.

You should know this because it was posted by rsenden and quoted by mm.

These sites are there to make money, there is no way for automation unless you write a packet sniffer that updates the m3u.

Last edited:

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm googleing, but having trouble finding any reliable sources for 'free to internet' iptv channels. Wouldn't it be great if there was a plugin that would automatically update a list of free verified and working iptv channels?
    I can get channels from a variety of sources, but these channels sometimes get taken offline etc.. What about a plugin that works kind of like OnlineVideo's? With a rating system showing the reliabillity/user experience.

Or is that what we want OnlineVideo's to do? Because from what I know OnlineVideo's is not meant for Live Video but more for 'on demand' purposes.
    The VODSERVER addon could be a great plugin to help realize this. Let me know if we need to start a new thread about this.
    Just trying to get a S-*tload of extra channels on my TV-Server to get the WAF factor up.

makkie_65

Portal Member
    January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    Hello makkie_65

As rsenden said:
    Some key phrases:

mm

Are you seriously attacking the person who honestly replied to your request.
    This method is in its infancy so there are a minimal people with the required experience to help.

I'll start you off.

Get a packet sniffer.
    Go to the website you need the video from.
    Find the rtmp link.
    Add to the m3u.
    Wake up the next day and repeat as the link will have changed.

You should know this because it was posted by rsenden and quoted by mm.

These sites are there to make money, there is no way for automation unless you write a packet sniffer that updates the m3u.

Thank you both (DLBlu and mm) The last thing I want is to piss people off, but please understand that most of us who ask for help here do NOT have the level of understanding of these addons as you developers have. Anyways....

I was able to get a bunch of rtmp streams that work great in XBMC, however I am trying to get the PVR function going for these streams and that is why I am looking at MP. For some reason non of my rtmp streams seem to work with VODServer which leads me to believe I must have some type of syntax error when I add the rtmp link to the m3u file. Here is an rtmp link that works perfectly fine in XBMC:

rtmp://beinsportgeolivefs.fplive.net:1935/beinsportgeolive-live playpath=beinsport_spa_4 swfurl=http://sportsinfonet.info/player/Player.swf live=true timeout=15 pageurl=http://sportsinfonet.info/beinsports.php?n=beinsport_spa_4&vw=650&vh=450

My question is, what is the syntax for the m3u file for this stream to work with VOD. I read the documentation in http://vodserver.sourceforge.net/usage.html and tried to follow all the steps, but it is not working. The above link is just an example, I have MANY rtmp links just like the one above. Thank you

makkie_65

Portal Member
    January 13, 2014
    Home Country
    I have tried just about all the formats that VOD has (http://vodserver:port/playRtmp?rtmpStreamer=, http://vodserver:port/playFromPage?url=) but can't get any of them to work with my channels. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom