HiIs anybody tending to this thread these days? Thank you
I am interested in this and I got it to work for a couple of iLive channels, but I'm thinking of a different approach since these channels change so often .
These days there are IPTV lists on the www that can be imported in MediaPortal, but some of these are old and such, so I'm thinking of writing a tool that will
1) parse any text file you throw at it (like those different online iptv lists)
2) create a .m3u from all streams MP is supposed to be able to play (WHY NO ACESTREAM SUPPORT???!!!)
3) test whether a channel really is online (http://serverfault.com/questions/270634/how-can-i-verify-that-an-rtmp-stream-url-is-working)
5) upload that file to a website/online database
6) get user ratings from that website for the working channels so popular channels will have a lower channel ID or something
4) add the channel to MP by downloading the .m3u file
This could be done in a plugin form ofcourse, but it's been a while since I have last programmed something, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
The result would be something like http://www.superusvoxtv.com/ but then in MP.
Anybody already working on 'the ultimate IPTV plugin for MP?'