Volume Control Configuration (1 Viewer)

Aridyme

Portal Member
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in MediaPortal 2.4.1 I modified "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\InputDeviceManager\DefaultRemoteMap.xml" and changed the Key.VolumeUp and Key.VolumeDown code values so that MediaPortal wouldn't handle any volume change events.

I upgraded to MediaPortal 2.5 and it looks like InputDeviceManager\DefaultRemoteMap.xml doesn't exist anymore. Putting the file back doesn't do anything, and I can't figure out a way to stop MediaPortal from handling volume. Is there a way?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i know that the plugin was very much reworked and improved to support all devices, not only HID devices. It might be that the mentioned file is obsolete now.
    You can try to just remove the volume mappings in side of input device settings. There shouldn’t be a need to edit xml files.

Aridyme

Portal Member
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, I checked the key mappings and there's nothing set for volume, and for the heck of it I tried assigning the volume buttons and then deleting the assignment. I think MP is just capturing and processing HID events? I'm assuming the DefaultRemoteMap.xml edits that I made before changed the HID event code that MP was watching for to change volume.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just checked my PC and find a DefaultRemoteMap.xml in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput".
    @Brownard is this file for "Input Manager" obsolete with MP2.5. Is there any chance to restrict input device signals, when they are not wanted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom