[confirm] Volume Control not working after resume (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, sounds like: Sorry, out of options, since the logs don't show me useful info about your problem. It also says that with the ATi HDMI driver (for me) things can work as they're supposed to work. And finally: here are some things you might wanna check....

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just found my volume and mute aren't having any effect, other than moving the volume bar and toggling the mute symbol.

I use analog realtek audio, not HDMI. I don't know if this started after resuming but I normally standby/resume my PC every day (often more than once a day) and I've not run into this before.

EDIT: I just remembered I changed MP from Default DirectSound Device to MP Audio Renderer the other day to test it, so perhaps the latter doesn't allow the volume control to work. I just restarted MP (still on MP Audio Renderer) and I got a firewall popup about dw20.exe (something to do with .NET) then MP crashed, with the sound looping on TV and I thought the PC was going to BSOD but luckily it just crashed.

I'll try it again with it set to Default DirectSound Device. Yep, volume/mute works OK like that.

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I am having a problem like this with MP 1.3.0 and MP Audio Renderer. Basically if I set the volume to "system" then the volume and mute buttons don't work on resume. However, if I set it to "wave", it works fine but the problem is that the system volume is sometimes muted upon resume, and with the remote keys set to "wave", I can't unmute it.

I will try switching back to Default DirectSound Device to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems it was already set to Default DirectSound Device. :/

Last edited:

AndyVD

April 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I second this issue with the volume control. Restarting Application/PC does not fix this. I am also running 1.3.0.

I have a volume knob on the front of my pc, and if I turn this it will get louder then it mutes all together.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    AndyVD, I was able to fix this by simply disabling my on-board audio device (Realtek), since I use HDMI for audio anyway. With my remote control set to control the "System" volume, I no longer have sound issues.

Obviously this is only a fix if you only use HDMI for audio output.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Maybe @te3hpurp has some ideas about what might be going on here ?

I guess it's possible that - on resume - the HDMI audio device is not present for a short time, so the system falls back to the on-board sound device (until the HDMI device is available again) and MP gets confused about which device it's controlling ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am having a problem like this with MP 1.3.0 and MP Audio Renderer.
    MP Audio Renderer doesn't have an option to control the volume.

@AndyVD, for support we need AT LEAST debug logs & your system specs need to be up-to-date (see my signature).

AndyVD

April 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I am having a problem like this with MP 1.3.0 and MP Audio Renderer.
    MP Audio Renderer doesn't have an option to control the volume.

@AndyVD, for support we need AT LEAST debug logs & your system specs need to be up-to-date (see my signature).

Next time I have an occurrence I shall pop some logs up for you.

I don't use HDMI audio as my graphics card has no support for it.

(I'll update my system specs now ;) ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom