Volume control under Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

spontex

Portal Member
September 14, 2006
Home Country
France France
Hello,

I have the following problem using MediaPortal 1.10 RC5 and SAF v4 under Windows 7 64-bits:

• If I set the Audio Renderer (e.g.: Videos) on Default DirectSound Device, then I cannot control the volume using my MCE remote (software control). I can see the OSD and the application volume updating in the Windows volume mixer, but it does not have any effect on the actual output volume. Controlling the Master Volume using the keyboard and mouse does update the volume effectively (but not the OSD!).
  • When I set the Audio Renderer on Default WaveOut Device, the sound quality is worse.
  • When playing Music, Default DirectSound Device seems to be the only choice
I was not able to find a solution on the forums: how can I use "Default DirectSound Device" and still be able to control the volume under Windows 7? Why does the Application Volume not have any effect on the actual output volume?

Thanks a lot.

spontex

Portal Member
September 14, 2006
Home Country
France France
Thank you for your reply.
I would like to be able to do the same as you, but on my system, the actual output volume is always the same, no matter how I set the Application Volume. Only the Mater Volume allows me to hear a modification.
Any idea?
By the way, which Audio renderer are you using?

Thank you for your workaround, 3VRX allows me to use the Default DirectSound Device renderer and to control the volume while playing music, which I was not able to do before ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom