Volume On-Screen-Display (1 Viewer)

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
I've been using IR Server Suite for a few days now and I'm very happy.
I'm mainly using it for controlling the blaster to turn the tv on and off (using Translator).

What I discovered is that each time I press a button, it responds twice.
For example: When I click the "Back" button, I go back two screens.
So I figured that Mediaportal and IRSS must be colliding somewhere, I removed the Tick from MCE Remote under MP Configuration -> Remotes. That solved that problem. Now each button effects only once. Great.

Only one problem remains now - When I press the volume buttons, the volume does indeed change, but I can no longer see the volume bars changing - the on screen volume change feedback is gone.

Any idea how to fix it?

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    +1 Moryoav - I am also a new user and I have the same problem. I cannot see the Volume on screen display, AND I cannot get IRSS to recognize my MP settings for volume (which may be a related problem!)

Normally in MP Config I set Volume to control Wave not Master Volume. My TV is just connected to my computer, not a separate HTPC, so I don't want to go jacking up the Main Volume on my PC all the time. But I cannot get IRSS to control the application volume although the Wiki says it can: AbstractRemoteModel :
    Code:
    VolumeUp 	Increase Volume 	Increase the system or application volume. 
    VolumeDown 	Decrease Volume 	Decrease the system or application volume.

However, nothing I change seems to alter the volume control or enable the OSD display.

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I seem to remember there was a registry edit to stop the double clicks without removing the tick in the configuration. I think the edit is needed on XP and maybe Vista, but I've not had to do it on 7.

There are some entries to remove under the remote control section, but I'm afraid I can't remember what they are.

JustusIV

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I seem to have the same issue, no OSD for volume. Nothing special here, everything is pretty much defaults, and its check in the MP config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom